• wx_CfsfWCUwfUnd大家说:加油!!!
  • 568721zsl临床药师网说说:感谢分享知识
  • clinphar大家说:春节快乐,万事如意!
  • cwc平台说:发挥全国各临床药师的力量,众人是柴火焰高,一定会越办越好
  • 神女应无恙好的平台说:好的平台,希望越办越好
  • wx_poNQQV902inq越办越好说:好的平台,希望吸引更多人才
  • 13885433081好的平台,希望越办越好说:好的平台,希望越办越好
  • HF^O^平台说:希望临药网这个平台越办越好!
  • jingxuchen平台说:给我们基层工作的药师提供了帮助,关键时刻雪中送炭,敞开胸怀素材共享,万紫千红总是春,越来越兴旺!
  • lipinshang平台说:10多年的临药网忠实粉,在这里学到了很多,查找资料非常方便,愿平台越来越好。
  • sd13jyyyxklss平台说:好的平台,知识丰富,开阔眼界,望越办越好
  • liutangren平台说:风雨同舟相处十五年,越来越好。
  • 求知临床药师网说:生日快乐!从牙牙学语长成15岁“帅哥”
  • gary平台说:希望临床药师网越办越好,为广大临床药师提供更多的资源和交流
  • Alst210507平台说:好的平台,希望越办越好
  • 15129825015临床药师网说:非常棒的平台,但愿越办越好。
  • 568721zsl临床药师网说说:药师学习平台,相信药师网越办越好
  • lzh0586临药网说:祝福网站越来越好,祝福同仁万事如意!
  • sunny-yaoshi临床药师网说:希望论坛越办越好,成为药学人员学习的首选网站!加油
  • 冬日暖阳~秀临药网说:此平台是药学人家园,常常来交流小憩,愿学科越来越好,愿药学人日子越来越好
  • 修行临床药师网说:好的平台,希望越办越好
  • sln123临床药师网说:对我们工作非常有帮助
  • 一千小可爱临床药师网说:感谢这个平台,临床药师网yyds
  • 小分队临床药师网说:这个网站的内容对工作和学习的帮助太大了。内容质量好,权威性高
  • chuyinghong药师说:临床药师真正体现药师价值的机遇来了!
  • gyh660222感谢老师为交流平台做的贡献。说:对我们工作很有帮助
  • 郜琪臻太好了,终于又见面了说:越办越好
  • sunqi3541盛京医院说:希望能被基地录取
  • gary大家说:祝临床药师网越来越好
  • 柠檬梅子临床药师网的老师们说:谢谢临床药学网给我们基层药师提供学习平台,希望我们也能进专业平台学习
  • 我是庆宇平台说:恭喜恢复开放,这是我们临床药师的福音啊!
  • 祥籽clinphar说:我们支持~感谢临药网
  • Terry0915大家说:无意间点开网页 居然可以上了 还开心呀 希望网站越办越好
  • gfelwaiz临床药师网说:希望功能越来越完善
  • clinphar大家说:数据基本恢复完毕,大部分版块已经开放。
  • 海上升明月clinphar说:祝临床药师网越办越好 一直到永远
  • yyhh425666什么时候取消密码呢说:祝药师网越办越好
  • 鸢舞轩临床药学说:希望能在这里学到更多
  • clinphar大家说:数据恢复中,会逐步开放及取消密码。
  • 水月洞天自己说:做好自己就OK其余随缘
  • 梁药师201902227临床药师网说:好平台,提高自我的一个学习平台
  • Lion898大家说:共同成长!祝各位药师越来越学识渊博!
  • qazw310临床药学说:可找到组织了
  • clinphar大家说:贺临床药师网建站13周年!
  • tianshenglu临床药师网说:这真是个非常实用的论坛,希望越来越好
总共63625条微博

动态微博

查看: 17388|回复: 8

急求药品说明书(英文版)

[复制链接]
  • TA的每日心情

2018-12-27 08:41
  • 大象 发表于 2008-4-13 15:38:32 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
    临床药师网(linyao.net)免责声明
    禁止发布任何可能侵犯版权的内容,否则将承担由此产生的全部侵权后果;提倡文明上网,净化网络环境!抵制低俗不良违法有害信息。
    如题,哪位同仁有的话请帮个忙! 这里谢谢了先
    临床药师网,伴你一起成长!微信公众号:clinphar2007
  • TA的每日心情

2023-12-10 19:26
  • 临药之~ 发表于 2008-4-13 17:13:18 | 显示全部楼层
    原帖由 大象 于 2008-4-13  15:38 发表
    如题,哪位同仁有的话请帮个忙! 这里谢谢了先

是所有的药品,还是部分,具体药品的英文说明书?
    有界定,会提高回复率!

药品英文说明书哪里找?http://www.clinphar.cn/redirect. ... o=lastpost#lastpost

• TA的每日心情

•  楼主| 大象 发表于 2008-4-13 20:14:20 | 显示全部楼层
    是 注射用泮托拉唑、注射用奥美拉唑、门冬氨酸洛美沙星、谷氨酸诺氟沙星。谢谢您的回复
  • TA的每日心情

2022-3-10 23:08
  • yaofohhnn 发表于 2008-4-14 08:36:40 | 显示全部楼层
    【Generic Name】
    Pantoprazole Sodium For Injection
    【Brand Name】
    Protonix
    【Active Ingredients】
    泮托拉唑钠
    【Description】  
    The active ingredient in PROTONIX® I.V. (pantoprazole sodium) for Injection is a substituted benzimidazole, sodium 5-(difluoromethoxy)-2-[[(3,4-dimethoxy-2-pyridinyl)methyl] sulfinyl]-1H-benzimidazole, a compound that inhibits gastric acid secretion. Its empirical formula is C16H14F2N3NaO4S, with a molecular weight of 405.4. The structural formula is:

Pantoprazole sodium is a white to off-white crystalline powder and is racemic. Pantoprazole has weakly basic and acidic properties. Pantoprazole sodium is freely soluble in water, very slightly soluble in phosphate buffer at pH 7.4, and practically insoluble in n-hexane. The stability of the compound in aqueous solution is pH-dependent. The rate of degradation increases with decreasing pH. The reconstituted solution of PROTONIX I.V. for Injection is in the pH range 9.0 to 10.5.
    PROTONIX I.V. for Injection is supplied as a freeze-dried powder in a clear glass vial fitted with a rubber stopper and crimp seal containing pantoprazole sodium, equivalent to 40 mg of pantoprazole, edetate disodium (1 mg), and sodium hydroxide to adjust pH.
    【Clinical Pharmacology】  
    Pharmacokinetics Pantoprazole peak serum concentration (Cmax) and area under the serum concentration-time curve (AUC) increase in a manner proportional to intravenous doses from 10 mg to 80 mg. Pantoprazole does not accumulate and its pharmacokinetics are unaltered with multiple daily dosing. Following the administration of PROTONIX I.V. for Injection, the serum concentration of pantoprazole declines biexponentially with a terminal elimination half-life of approximately one hour. In extensive metabolizers (see CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY, Metabolism) with normal liver function receiving a 40 mg dose of PROTONIX I.V. for Injection by constant rate over 15 minutes, the peak concentration (Cmax) is 5.52 μg/mL and the total area under the plasma concentration versus time curve (AUC) is 5.4 μg · hr/mL. The total clearance is 7.6-14.0 L/h and the apparent volume of distribution is 11.0-23.6 L.

Distribution The apparent volume of distribution of pantoprazole is approximately 11.0-23.6 L, distributing mainly in extracellular fluid. The serum protein binding of pantoprazole is about 98%, primarily to albumin.

Metabolism Pantoprazole is extensively metabolized in the liver through the cytochrome P450 (CYP) system. Pantoprazole metabolism is independent of the route of administration (intravenous or oral). The main metabolic pathway is demethylation, by CYP2C19, with subsequent sulfation; other metabolic pathways include oxidation by CYP3A4. There is no evidence that any of the pantoprazole metabolites have significant pharmacologic activity. CYP2C19 displays a known genetic polymorphism due to its deficiency in some sub-populations (e.g., 3% of Caucasians and African-Americans and 17-23% of Asians). Although these sub-populations of slow pantoprazole metabolizers have elimination half-life values from 3.5 to 10.0 hours, they still have minimal accumulation (≤23%) with once daily dosing.

Elimination After administration of a single intravenous dose of 14C-labeled pantoprazole to healthy, normal metabolizer subjects, approximately 71% of the dose was excreted in the urine with 18% excreted in the feces through biliary excretion. There was no renal excretion of unchanged pantoprazole.

Special Populations
    Geriatric After repeated I.V. administration in elderly subjects (65 to 76 years of age), pantoprazole AUC and elimination half-life values were similar to those observed in younger subjects. No dosage adjustment is recommended based on age.

Pediatric The pharmacokinetics of pantoprazole have not been investigated in patients <18 years of age.

Gender After oral administration there is a modest increase in pantoprazole AUC and Cmax in women compared to men. However, weight-normalized clearance values are similar in women and men. No dosage adjustment is warranted based on gender (also see Use in Women).

Renal Impairment In patients with severe renal impairment, pharmacokinetic parameters for pantoprazole were similar to those of healthy subjects. No dosage adjustment is necessary in patients with renal impairment or in patients undergoing hemodialysis.

Hepatic Impairment Oral administration studies (absolute bioavailability is approximately 70%) were performed in patients with mild to severe hepatic impairment. Maximum pantoprazole concentrations increased only slightly (1.5-fold) relative to healthy subjects. Although serum elimination half-life values increased to 7-9 hours and AUC values increased by 5- to 7-fold in hepatic-impaired patients, these increases were no greater than those observed in slow CYP2C19 metabolizers, where no dosage adjustment is warranted. These pharmacokinetic changes in hepatic-impaired patients result in minimal drug accumulation following once daily multiple-dose administration equal to or less than 21%. No dosage adjustment is needed in patients with mild to severe hepatic impairment. Doses higher than 40 mg/day have not been studied in hepatically-impaired patients.

Drug-Drug Interactions Pantoprazole is metabolized mainly by CYP2C19 and to minor extents by CYPs 3A4, 2D6 and 2C9. In in vivo drug-drug interaction studies with CYP2C19 substrates (diazepam [also a CYP3A4 substrate] and phenytoin [also a CYP3A4 inducer]), nifedipine, midazolam, and clarithromycin (CYP3A4 substrates), metoprolol (a CYP2D6 substrate), diclofenac, naproxen and piroxicam (CYP2C9 substrates) and theophylline (a CYP1A2 substrate) in healthy subjects, the pharmacokinetics of pantoprazole were not significantly altered. It is, therefore, expected that other drugs metabolized by CYPs 2C19, 3A4, 2D6, 2C9 and 1A2 would not significantly affect the pharmacokinetics of pantoprazole. In vivo studies also suggest that pantoprazole does not significantly affect the kinetics of other drugs (cisapride, theophylline, diazepam [and its active metabolite, desmethyldiazepam], phenytoin, warfarin, metoprolol, nifedipine, carbamazepine, midazolam, clarithromycin, naproxen, piroxicam and oral contraceptives [levonorgestrel/ethinyl estradiol]) metabolized by CYPs 2C19, 3A4, 2D6, 2C9 and 1A2. Therefore, it is expected that pantoprazole would not significantly affect the pharmacokinetics of other drugs metabolized by these isozymes. Dosage adjustment of such drugs is not necessary when they are co-administered with pantoprazole. In other in vivo studies, digoxin, ethanol, glyburide, antipyrine, caffeine, metronidazole, and amoxicillin had no clinically relevant interactions with pantoprazole. Although no significant drug-drug interactions have been observed in clinical studies, the potential for significant drug-drug interactions with more than once daily dosing with high doses of pantoprazole has not been studied in poor metabolizers or individuals who are hepatically impaired.

Pharmacodynamics
    Mechanism of Action Pantoprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) that suppresses the final step in gastric acid production by covalently binding to the (H+, K+)-ATPase enzyme system at the secretory surface of the gastric parietal cell. This effect leads to inhibition of both basal and stimulated gastric acid secretion irrespective of the stimulus. The binding to the (H+, K+)-ATPase results in a duration of antisecretory effect that persists longer than 24 hours for all doses tested.

Antisecretory Activity The magnitude and time course for inhibition of pentagastrin-stimulated acid output (PSAO) by single doses (20 to 120 mg) of PROTONIX I.V. for Injection were assessed in a single-dose, open-label, placebo-controlled, dose-response study. The results of this study are shown in the table below. Healthy subjects received a continuous infusion for 25 hours of pentagastrin (PG) at 1 μg/kg/h, a dose known to produce submaximal gastric acid secretion. The placebo group showed a sustained, continuous acid output for 25 hours, validating the reliability of the testing model. PROTONIX I.V. for Injection had an onset of antisecretory activity within 15 to 30 minutes of administration. Doses of 20 to 80 mg of PROTONIX I.V. for Injection substantially reduced the 24-hour cumulative PSAO in a dose-dependent manner, despite a short plasma elimination half-life. Complete suppression of PSAO was achieved with 80 mg within approximately 2 hours and no further significant suppression was seen with 120 mg. The duration of action of PROTONIX I.V. for Injection was 24 hours.

Gastric Acid Output (mEq/hr, Mean ± SD) and Percent Inhibitiona (Mean ± SD) of Pentagastrin?Stimulated Acid Output Over 24 Hours Following a Single Dose of PROTONIX I.V. for Injectionb in Healthy Subjects   ------2 hours------  ------4 hours------  ------12 hours------  ------24 hours------  
    Treatment Dose  Acid Output  % Inhibition  Acid Output  % Inhibition  Acid Output  % Inhibition  Acid Output  % Inhibition  
    a: Compared to individual subject baseline prior to treatment with PROTONIX I.V. for Injection. NA = not applicable. b: Inhibition of gastric acid output and the percent inhibition of stimulated acid output in response to PROTONIX I.V. for Injection may be higher after repeated doses.  
    0 mg (Placebo, n=4)  39 ± 21  NA  26 ±14  NA  32 ± 20  NA  38 ± 24  NA  
    20mg (n=4-6)  13 ± 18  47 ± 27  6 ± 8  83 ± 21  20 ± 20  54 ± 44  30 ± 23  45 ± 43  
    40 mg (n=8)  5 ± 5  82 ± 11  4 ± 4  90 ± 11  11 ± 10  81 ± 13  16 ± 12  52 ± 36  
    80 mg (n=8)  0.1 ± 0.2  96 ± 6  0.3 ± 0.4  99 ± 1  2 ± 2  90 ± 7  7 ± 4  63 ± 18  
    In one study of gastric pH in healthy subjects, pantoprazole was administered orally (40 mg enteric coated tablets) or intravenously (40 mg) once daily for 5 days and pH was measured for 24 hours following the fifth dose. The outcome measure was median percent of time that pH was ≥ 4 and the results were similar for intravenous and oral medications; however, the clinical significance of this parameter is unknown.

Serum Gastrin Effects Serum gastrin concentrations were assessed in two placebo-controlled studies.
    In a 5-day study of oral pantoprazole with 40 and 60 mg doses in healthy subjects, following the last dose on day 5, median 24-hour serum gastrin concentrations were elevated by 3-4 fold compared to placebo in both 40 and 60 mg dose groups. However, by 24 hours following the last dose, median serum gastrin concentrations for both groups returned to normal levels.
    In another placebo-controlled, 7-day study of 40 mg intravenous or oral pantoprazole in patients with GERD and a history of erosive esophagitis, the mean serum gastrin concentration increased approximately 50% from baseline and as compared with placebo, but remained within the normal range.
    During 6 days of repeated administration of PROTONIX I.V. for Injection in patients with Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome, consistent changes of serum gastrin concentrations from baseline were not observed.

Enterochromaffin-Like (ECL) Cell Effects There are no data available on the effects of intravenous pantoprazole on ECL cells.
    In a nonclinical study in Sprague-Dawley rats, lifetime exposure (24 months) to pantoprazole at doses of 0.5 to 200 mg/kg/day resulted in dose-related increases in gastric ECL-cell proliferation and gastric neuroendocrine (NE)-cell tumors. Gastric NE-cell tumors in rats may result from chronic elevation of serum gastrin concentrations. The high density of ECL cells in the rat stomach makes this species highly susceptible to the proliferative effects of elevated gastrin concentrations produced by proton pump inhibitors. However, there were no observed elevations in serum gastrin following the administration of pantoprazole at a dose of 0.5 mg/kg/day. In a separate study, a gastric NE-cell tumor without concomitant ECL-cell proliferative changes was observed in 1 female rat following 12 months of dosing with pantoprazole at 5 mg/kg/day and a 9 month off-dose recovery (see PRECAUTIONS, Carcinogenesis, Mutagenesis, Impairment of Fertility).

Other Effects No clinically relevant effects of pantoprazole on cardiovascular, respiratory, ophthalmic, or central nervous system function have been detected. In a clinical pharmacology study, pantoprazole 40 mg given orally once daily for 2 weeks had no effect on the levels of the following hormones: cortisol, testosterone, triiodothyronine (T3), thyroxine (T4), thyroid-stimulating hormone, thyronine-binding protein, parathyroid hormone, insulin, glucagon, renin, aldosterone, follicle-stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, prolactin and growth hormone.

Clinical Studies
    Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) Associated With a History of Erosive Esophagitis A multicenter, double-blind, two-period placebo-controlled study was conducted to assess the ability of PROTONIX&reg; I.V. (pantoprazole sodium) for Injection to maintain gastric acid suppression in patients switched from the oral dosage form of pantoprazole to the intravenous dosage form. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) patients (n=65, 26 to 64 years; 35 female; 9 black, 11 Hispanic, 44 white, 1 other) with a history of erosive esophagitis were randomized to receive either 20 or 40 mg of oral pantoprazole once per day for 10 days (period 1) and, then were switched in period 2 to either daily intravenous pantoprazole or placebo for 7 days, matching their respective dose level from period 1. Patients were administered all test medication with a light meal. Maximum acid output (MAO) and basal acid output (BAO) were determined 24 hours following the last day of oral medication (day 10), the first day (day 1) of intravenous administration and the last day of intravenous administration (day 7). MAO was estimated from a 1 hour continuous collection of gastric contents following subcutaneous injection of 6.0 μg/kg of pentagastrin.
    This study demonstrated that, after 10 days of repeated oral administration followed by 7 days of intravenous administration, the oral and intravenous dosage forms of PROTONIX 40 mg are similar in their ability to suppress MAO and BAO in patients with GERD and a history of erosive esophagitis (see table below). Also, patients on oral PROTONIX who were switched to intravenous placebo experienced a significant increase in acid output within 48 hours of their last oral dose. However, at 48 hours after their last oral dose, patients treated with PROTONIX I.V. for Injection had a significantly lower mean basal acid output than those treated with placebo.

ANTISECRETORY EFFECTS (mEq/h) OF 40 mg PROTONIX I.V. for INJECTION AND 40 mg ORAL PROTONIX IN GERD PATIENTS WITH A HISTORY OF EROSIVE ESOPHAGITIS  Parameter  PROTONIX Delayed-Release Tablets  PROTONIX I.V. for Injection  Placebo I.V.  
    DAY 10  DAY 7  DAY 7  
    *P< 0.0001 Significantly different from PROTONIX I.V. for Injection.  
    Mean maximum acid output  6.49 n=30  6.62 n=23  29.19* n=7  
    Mean basal acid output  0.80 n=30  0.53 n=23  4.14* n=7  
    To evaluate the effectiveness of PROTONIX I.V. (pantoprazole sodium) for Injection as an initial treatment to suppress gastric acid secretion, two studies were conducted.
    Study 1 was a multicenter, double-blind, placebo controlled, study of the pharmacodynamic effects of PROTONIX I.V. for Injection and oral PROTONIX. Patients with GERD and a history of erosive esophagitis (n=78, 20-67 years; 39 females; 7 black, 19 Hispanic, 52 white) were randomized to receive either 40 mg intravenous pantoprazole, 40 mg oral pantoprazole, or placebo once daily for 7 days. Following an overnight fast, test medication was administered and patients were given a light meal within 15 minutes. MAO and BAO were determined 24 hours following the last day of study medication. MAO was estimated from a 1 hour continuous collection of gastric contents following subcutaneous injection of 6.0 μg/kg of pentagastrin to stimulate acid secretion. This study demonstrated that, after treatment for 7 days, patients treated with PROTONIX I.V. for Injection had a significantly lower MAO and BAO than those treated with placebo (p <0.001), and results were comparable to those of patients treated with oral PROTONIX (see table below).

ANTISECRETORY EFFECTS (mEq/h) OF INITIAL TREATMENT WITH 40 mg PROTONIX I.V. for INJECTION AND 40 mg ORAL PROTONIX IN GERD PATIENTS WITH A HISTORY OF EROSIVE ESOPHAGITIS  Parameter  PROTONIX I.V. for Injection  PROTONIX Delayed-Release Tablets  Placebo  
    DAY 7  DAY 7  DAY 7  
    *P< 0.001 Significantly different from PROTONIX I.V. for Injection.  
    Maximum acid output (mean ± SD)  8.4 ± 5.9 n=25  6.3 ± 6.6 n=22  20.9 ± 14.5* n=24  
    Basal acid output (mean ± SD)  0.4± 0.5 n=25  0.6 ± 0.8 n=22  2.8 ± 3.0* n=23  
    Study 2 was a single-center, double-blind, parallel-group study to compare the clinical effects of PROTONIX I.V. for Injection and oral PROTONIX. Patients (n=45, median age 56 years, 21 males and 24 females) with acute endoscopically proven reflux esophagitis (Savary/Miller Stage II or III) with at least 1 of 3 symptoms typical for reflux esophagitis (acid eructation, heartburn, or pain on swallowing) were randomized to receive either 40 mg intravenous pantoprazole or 40 mg oral pantoprazole daily for 5 days. After the initial 5 days, all patients were treated with 40 mg oral pantoprazole daily to complete a total of 8 weeks of treatment. Symptom relief was assessed by calculating the daily mean of the sums of the average scores for these 3 symptoms and the daily mean of the average score for each of the symptoms separately. There was no significant difference in symptom relief between PROTONIX I.V. and oral PROTONIX therapy within the first 5 days. A repeat endoscopy after 8 weeks of treatment revealed that 20 out of 23 (87%) of the PROTONIX I.V. plus oral PROTONIX patients and 19 out of 22 (86%) of the oral PROTONIX patients had endoscopically proven healing of their esophageal lesions.
    Data comparing PROTONIX I.V. for Injection to other proton pump inhibitors (oral or I.V.) or H2 receptor antagonists (oral or I.V.) are limited, and therefore, are inadequate to support any conclusions regarding comparative efficacy.

Pathological Hypersecretion Associated with Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome Two studies measured the pharmacodynamic effects of 6 day treatment with PROTONIX I.V. for Injection in patients with Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (with and without multiple endocrine neoplasia type I). In one of these studies, an initial treatment with PROTONIX I.V. for Injection in 21 patients (29 to 75 years; 8 female; 4 black, 1 Hispanic, 16 white) reduced acid output to the target level (≤ 10 mEq/h) and significantly reduced H+ concentration and the volume of gastric secretions; target levels were achieved within 45 minutes of drug administration.
    In the other study of 14 patients (38 to 67 years; 5 female; 2 black, 12 white) with Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome, treatment was switched from an oral proton pump inhibitor to PROTONIX I.V. for Injection. PROTONIX I.V. for Injection maintained or improved control of gastric acid secretion.
    In both studies, PROTONIX I.V. for Injection 160 or 240 mg per day in divided doses maintained basal acid secretion below target levels in all patients. Target levels were 10 mEq/h in patients without prior gastric surgery, and 5 mEq/h in all patients with prior gastric acid-reducing surgery. Once gastric acid secretion was controlled, there was no evidence of tolerance during this 7 day study. Basal acid secretion was maintained below target levels for at least 24 hours in all patients and through the end of treatment in these studies (3 to 7 days) in all but 1 patient who required a dose adjustment guided by acid output measurements until acid control was achieved. In both studies, doses were adjusted to the individual patient need, but gastric acid secretion was controlled in greater than 80% of patients by a starting regimen of 80 mg q12h.
    【Indications and Usage】  
    Treatment of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease Associated With a History of Erosive Esophagitis PROTONIX I.V. for Injection is indicated for short-term treatment (7 to 10 days) of patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and a history of erosive esophagitis.

Pathological Hypersecretion Associated with Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome PROTONIX I.V. for Injection is indicated for the treatment of pathological hypersecretory conditions associated with Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome or other neoplastic conditions.
    【Contraindications】  
    PROTONIX I.V. for Injection is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to the formulation.
    【Precautions】  
    General Immediate hypersensitivity reactions: Anaphylaxis has been reported with use of intravenous pantoprazole. This may require emergency medical treatment.
    Injection site reactions: Thrombophlebitis was associated with the administration of intravenous pantoprazole.
    Hepatic effects: Mild, transient transaminase elevations have been observed in clinical studies. The clinical significance of this finding in a large population of subjects administered intravenous pantoprazole is unknown. (See ADVERSE REACTIONS section).
    Symptomatic response to therapy with pantoprazole does not preclude the presence of gastric malignancy.
    As with any other intravenous product containing edetate disodium (the salt form of EDTA) which is a potent chelator of metal ions including zinc, zinc supplementation should be considered in patients treated with PROTONIX I.V. for Injection who are prone to zinc deficiency. Caution should be used when other EDTA containing products are also co-administered intravenously.
    Treatment with PROTONIX&reg; I.V. (pantoprazole sodium) for Injection should be discontinued as soon as the patient is able to resume treatment with PROTONIX Delayed-Release Tablets.

Drug Interactions Pantoprazole is metabolized through the cytochrome P450 system, primarily the CYP2C19 and CYP3A4 isozymes, and subsequently undergoes Phase II conjugation. (See CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY, Drug-Drug Interactions.)
    Based on studies evaluating possible interactions of pantoprazole with other drugs, no dosage adjustment is needed with concomitant use of the following: theophylline, cisapride, antipyrine, caffeine, carbamazepine, diazepam (and its active metabolite, desmethyldiazepam), diclofenac, naproxen, piroxicam, digoxin, ethanol, glyburide, an oral contraceptive (levonorgestrel/ethinyl estradiol), metoprolol, nifedipine, phenytoin, warfarin (see below), midazolam, clarithromycin, metronidazole, or amoxicillin. Clinically relevant interactions of pantoprazole with other drugs with the same metabolic pathways are not expected. Therefore, when co-administered with pantoprazole, adjustment of the dosage of pantoprazole or of such drugs may not be necessary. There was also no interaction with concomitantly administered antacids. There have been postmarketing reports of increased INR and prothrombin time in patients receiving proton pump inhibitors, including pantoprazole, and warfarin concomitantly. Increases in INR and prothrombin time may lead to abnormal bleeding and even death. Patients treated with proton pump inhibitors and warfarin concomitantly should be monitored for increases in INR and prothrombin time.
    Based on information about other proton pump inhibitors, concomitant administration of pantoprazole may reduce the plasma levels of atazanavir. Appropriate clinical monitoring is recommended.
    Because of profound and long lasting inhibition of gastric acid secretion, pantoprazole may interfere with absorption of drugs where gastric pH is an important determinant of their bioavailability (e.g., ketoconazole, ampicillin esters, and iron salts).

Carcinogenesis, Mutagenesis, Impairment of Fertility In a 24-month carcinogenicity study, Sprague-Dawley rats were treated orally with doses of 0.5 to 200 mg/kg/day, about 0.1 to 40 times the exposure on a body surface area basis, of a 50-kg person dosed at 40 mg/day. In the gastric fundus, treatment at 0.5 to 200 mg/kg/day produced enterochromaffin-like (ECL) cell hyperplasia and benign and malignant neuroendocrine cell tumors in a dose-related manner. In the forestomach, treatment at 50 and 200 mg/kg/day (about 10 and 40 times the recommended human dose on a body surface area basis) produced benign squamous cell papillomas and malignant squamous cell carcinomas. Rare gastrointestinal tumors associated with pantoprazole treatment included an adenocarcinoma of the duodenum at 50 mg/kg/day, and benign polyps and adenocarcinomas of the gastric fundus at 200 mg/kg/day. In the liver, treatment at 0.5 to 200 mg/kg/day produced dose-related increases in the incidences of hepatocellular adenomas and carcinomas. In the thyroid gland, treatment at 200 mg/kg/day produced increased incidences of follicular cell adenomas and carcinomas for both male and female rats.
    Sporadic occurrences of hepatocellular adenomas and a hepatocellular carcinoma were observed in Sprague-Dawley rats exposed to pantoprazole in 6-month and 12-month oral toxicity studies.
    In a 24-month carcinogenicity study, Fischer 344 rats were treated orally with doses of 5 to 50 mg/kg/day, approximately 1 to 10 times the recommended human dose based on body surface area. In the gastric fundus, treatment at 5 to 50 mg/kg/day produced enterochromaffin-like (ECL) cell hyperplasia and benign and malignant neuroendocrine cell tumors. Dose selection for this study may not have been adequate to comprehensively evaluate the carcinogenic potential of pantoprazole.
    In a 24-month carcinogenicity study, B6C3F1 mice were treated orally with doses of 5 to 150 mg/kg/day, 0.5 to 15 times the recommended human dose based on body surface area. In the liver, treatment at 150 mg/kg/day produced increased incidences of hepatocellular adenomas and carcinomas in female mice. Treatment at 5 to 150 mg/kg/day also produced gastric fundic ECL cell hyperplasia.
    Pantoprazole was positive in the in vitro human lymphocyte chromosomal aberration assays, in one of two mouse micronucleus tests for clastogenic effects, and in the in vitro Chinese hamster ovarian cell/HGPRT forward mutation assay for mutagenic effects. Equivocal results were observed in the in vivo rat liver DNA covalent binding assay. Pantoprazole was negative in the in vitro Ames mutation assay, the in vitro unscheduled DNA synthesis (UDS) assay with rat hepatocytes, the in vitro AS52/GPT mammalian cell-forward gene mutation assay, the in vitro thymidine kinase mutation test with mouse lymphoma L5178Y cells, and the in vivo rat bone marrow cell chromosomal aberration assay. A 26-week p53 +/- transgenic mouse carcinogenicity study was not positive.
    Pantoprazole at oral doses up to 500 mg/kg/day in male rats (98 times the recommended human dose based on body surface area) and 450 mg/kg/day in female rats (88 times the recommended human dose based on body surface area) was found to have no effect on fertility and reproductive performance.

Pregnancy
    Teratogenic Effects
    Pregnancy Category B Teratology studies have been performed in rats at intravenous doses up to 20 mg/kg/day (4 times the recommended human dose based on body surface area) and rabbits at intravenous doses up to 15 mg/kg/day (6 times the recommended human dose based on body surface area) and have revealed no evidence of impaired fertility or harm to the fetus due to pantoprazole. There are, however, no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women. Because animal reproduction studies are not always predictive of human response, this drug should be used during pregnancy only if clearly needed.

Nursing Mothers Pantoprazole and its metabolites are excreted in the milk of rats. Pantoprazole excretion in human milk has been detected in a study of a single nursing mother after a single 40 mg oral dose. The clinical relevance of this finding is not known. Many drugs which are excreted in human milk have a potential for serious adverse reactions in nursing infants. Based on the potential for tumorigenicity shown for pantoprazole in rodent carcinogenicity studies, a decision should be made whether to discontinue nursing or to discontinue the drug, taking into account the benefit of the drug to the mother.

Pediatric Use Safety and effectiveness in pediatric patients have not been established.

Use in Women No gender-related differences in the safety profile of intravenous pantoprazole were seen in international trials involving 166 men and 120 women with erosive esophagitis associated with GERD. Erosive esophagitis healing rates in the 221 women treated with oral pantoprazole in U.S. clinical trials were similar to those found in men. The incidence rates of adverse events were also similar between men and women.

Use in Elderly No age-related differences in the safety profile of intravenous pantoprazole were seen in international trials involving 86 elderly (≥ 65 years old) and 200 younger (< 65 years old) patients with erosive esophagitis associated with GERD. Erosive esophagitis healing rates in the 107 elderly patients (≥ 65 years old) treated with oral pantoprazole in U.S. clinical trials were similar to those found in patients under the age of 65. The incidence rates of adverse events and laboratory abnormalities in patients aged 65 years and older were similar to those associated with patients younger than 65 years of age.

Laboratory Tests There have been reports of false-positive urine screening tests for tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in patients receiving most proton pump inhibitors, including pantoprazole. An alternative confirmatory method should be considered to verify positive results.
    【Adverse Reactions】  
    Safety Experience with Intravenous Pantoprazole Intravenous pantoprazole has been studied in clinical trials in several populations including patients with GERD and a history of erosive esophagitis, patients with Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome, patients involved in clinical trials for other disorders which may respond to proton pump inhibitor therapy, and healthy subjects. Adverse experiences occurring in >1% of patients treated with intravenous pantoprazole (n=836) in domestic or international clinical trials are shown below by body system. In most instances, the relationship to pantoprazole was unclear.
    BODY AS A WHOLE: abdominal pain, headache, injection site reaction (including thrombophlebitis and abscess).
    DIGESTIVE SYSTEM: constipation, dyspepsia, nausea, diarrhea.
    NERVOUS SYSTEM: insomnia, dizziness.
    RESPIRATORY SYSTEM: rhinitis.
    Head-to-head comparative studies between PROTONIX I.V. for Injection and oral PROTONIX, other proton pump inhibitors (oral or I.V.), or H2 receptor antagonists (oral or I.V.) have been limited. The available information does not provide sufficient evidence to distinguish the safety profile of these regimens.

Safety Experience with Oral Pantoprazole In short-term clinical trials in patients with erosive esophagitis associated with GERD treated with oral pantoprazole, the following adverse events, regardless of causality, occurred at a rate of ≥1%.
    BODY AS A WHOLE: headache, asthenia, back pain, chest pain, neck pain, flu syndrome, infection, pain.
    CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM: migraine.
    DIGESTIVE SYSTEM: diarrhea, flatulence, abdominal pain, eructation, constipation, dyspepsia, gastroenteritis, gastrointestinal disorder, nausea, rectal disorder, vomiting.
    HEPATO-BILIARY SYSTEM: liver function tests abnormal, SGPT increased.
    METABOLIC AND NUTRITIONAL: hyperglycemia, hyperlipemia.
    MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM: arthralgia.
    NERVOUS SYSTEM: insomnia, anxiety, dizziness, hypertonia.
    RESPIRATORY SYSTEM: bronchitis, cough increased, dyspnea, pharyngitis, rhinitis, sinusitis, upper respiratory tract infection.
    SKIN AND APPENDAGES: rash.
    UROGENITAL SYSTEM: urinary frequency, and urinary tract infection.
    Additional adverse experiences occurring in <1% of patients with erosive esophagitis associated with GERD receiving oral pantoprazole based on pooled results from either short-term domestic or international trials are shown below within each body system. In most instances, the relationship to pantoprazole was unclear.
    BODY AS A WHOLE: abscess, allergic reaction, chills, cyst, face edema, fever, generalized edema, heat stroke, hernia, laboratory test abnormal, malaise, moniliasis, neoplasm, non-specified drug reaction.
    CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM: abnormal electrocardiogram, angina pectoris, arrhythmia, cardiovascular disorder, chest pain substernal, congestive heart failure, hemorrhage, hypertension, hypotension, myocardial ischemia, palpitation, retinal vascular disorder, syncope, tachycardia, thrombophlebitis, thrombosis, vasodilatation.
    DIGESTIVE SYSTEM: anorexia, aphthous stomatitis, cardiospasm, colitis, dry mouth, duodenitis, dysphagia, enteritis, esophageal hemorrhage, esophagitis, gastrointestinal carcinoma, gastrointestinal hemorrhage, gastrointestinal moniliasis, gingivitis, glossitis, halitosis, hematemesis, increased appetite, melena, mouth ulceration, oral moniliasis, periodontal abscess, periodontitis, rectal hemorrhage, stomach ulcer, stomatitis, stools abnormal, tongue discoloration, ulcerative colitis.
    ENDOCRINE SYSTEM: diabetes mellitus, glycosuria, goiter.
    HEPATO-BILIARY SYSTEM: biliary pain, hyperbilirubinemia, cholecystitis, cholelithiasis, cholestatic jaundice, hepatitis, alkaline phosphatase increased, gamma glutamyl transpeptidase increased, SGOT increased.
    HEMIC AND LYMPHATIC SYSTEM: anemia, ecchymosis, eosinophilia, hypochromic anemia, iron deficiency anemia, leukocytosis, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia.
    METABOLIC AND NUTRITIONAL: dehydration, edema, gout, peripheral edema, thirst, weight gain, weight loss.
    MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM: arthritis, arthrosis, bone disorder, bone pain, bursitis, joint disorder, leg cramps, neck rigidity, myalgia, tenosynovitis.
    NERVOUS SYSTEM: abnormal dreams, confusion, convulsion, depression, dry mouth, dysarthria, emotional lability, hallucinations, hyperkinesia, hypesthesia, libido decreased, nervousness, neuralgia, neuritis, paresthesia, reflexes decreased, sleep disorder, somnolence, thinking abnormal, tremor, vertigo.
    RESPIRATORY SYSTEM: asthma, epistaxis, hiccup, laryngitis, lung disorder, pneumonia, voice alteration.
    SKIN AND APPENDAGES: acne, alopecia, contact dermatitis, dry skin, eczema, fungal dermatitis, hemorrhage, herpes simplex, herpes zoster, lichenoid dermatitis, maculopapular rash, pain, pruritus, skin disorder, skin ulcer, sweating, urticaria.
    SPECIAL SENSES: abnormal vision, amblyopia, cataract specified, deafness, diplopia, ear pain, extraocular palsy, glaucoma, otitis externa, taste perversion, tinnitus.
    UROGENITAL SYSTEM: albuminuria, balanitis, breast pain, cystitis, dysmenorrhea, dysuria, epididymitis, hematuria, impotence, kidney calculus, kidney pain, nocturia, prostatic disorder, pyelonephritis, scrotal edema, urethral pain, urethritis, urinary tract disorder, urination impaired, vaginitis.
    In addition, the following adverse experiences occurred at a rate of <1% in long-term clinical trials in patients treated with oral pantoprazole: atrial fibrillation/flutter, myocardial infarction, neuropathy, photosensitivity reaction. In most instances, the relationship to pantoprazole was unclear.

Postmarketing Reports The postmarketing safety profile of intravenous pantoprazole is not substantially different from that of oral pantoprazole (described below).
    There have been spontaneous reports of adverse events with postmarketing use of intravenous or oral pantoprazole. These reports include the following:
    BODY AS A WHOLE: anaphylaxis (including anaphylactic shock), angioedema (Quincke's edema).
    DIGESTIVE SYSTEM: increased salivation, nausea, pancreatitis.
    HEMIC AND LYMPHATIC SYSTEM: pancytopenia.
    HEPATO-BILIARY SYSTEM: hepatocellular damage leading to jaundice and hepatic failure.
    MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM: elevated CPK (creatine phosphokinase), rhabdomyolysis.
    NERVOUS SYSTEM: confusion, hypokinesia, speech disorder, vertigo.
    SKIN AND APPENDAGES: severe dermatologic reactions, including erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, and toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN, some fatal).
    SPECIAL SENSES: anterior ischemic optic neuropathy, blurred vision, tinnitus.
    UROGENITAL SYSTEM: interstitial nephritis.

Laboratory Values In U.S. clinical trials of patients with GERD and a history of erosive esophagitis and international clinical trials of patients with erosive esophagitis associated with GERD, the overall percentages of transaminase elevations did not increase during treatment with intravenous pantoprazole. For other laboratory parameters, there were no clinically important changes identified.
    In two U.S. controlled trials of oral pantoprazole in patients with erosive esophagitis associated with GERD, 0.4% of the patients on 40 mg oral pantoprazole experienced SGPT elevations of greater than three times the upper limit of normal at the final treatment visit. Except in those patients where there was a clear alternative explanation for a laboratory value change, such as intercurrent illness, the elevations tended to be mild and sporadic. The following changes in laboratory parameters were reported as adverse events: creatinine increased, hypercholesterolemia, and hyperuricemia.

OVERDOSAGE Experience in patients taking very high doses of pantoprazole is limited. There have been spontaneous reports of overdosage with pantoprazole, including a suicide in which pantoprazole 560 mg and undetermined amounts of chloroquine and zopiclone were also ingested. There have also been spontaneous reports of patients taking similar amounts of pantoprazole (400 and 600 mg) with no adverse effects.
    Pantoprazole is not removed by hemodialysis. In case of overdose, treatment should be symptomatic and supportive.
    Single intravenous doses of pantoprazole at 378, 230, and 266 mg/kg (38, 46, and 177 times the recommended human dose based on body surface area) were lethal to mice, rats and dogs, respectively. The symptoms of acute toxicity were hypoactivity, ataxia, hunched sitting, limb-splay, lateral position, segregation, absence of ear reflex, and tremor.
    【Dosage and Administration】  
    PROTONIX I.V. for Injection may be administered intravenously through a dedicated line or through a Y-site. The intravenous line should be flushed before and after administration of PROTONIX I.V. for Injection with either 5% Dextrose Injection, USP, 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP, or Lactated Ringer's Injection, USP. When administered through a Y-site, PROTONIX I.V. for Injection is compatible with the following solutions: 5% Dextrose Injection, USP, 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP, or Lactated Ringer's Injection, USP.
    Midazolam HCl has been shown to be incompatible with Y-site administration of PROTONIX I.V. for Injection. PROTONIX I.V. for Injection may not be compatible with products containing zinc. When PROTONIX I.V. for Injection is administered through a Y-site, immediately stop use if precipitation or discoloration occurs.
    Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to and during administration whenever solution and container permit.
    Treatment with PROTONIX I.V. for Injection should be discontinued as soon as the patient is able to be treated with PROTONIX Delayed-Release Tablets. Also, data on the safe and effective dosing for conditions other than those described in INDICATIONS AND USAGE, such as life-threatening upper gastrointestinal bleeds, are not available. PROTONIX I.V. 40 mg once daily does not raise gastric pH to levels sufficient to contribute to the treatment of such life-threatening conditions.
    Parenteral routes of administration other than intravenous are not recommended.
    No dosage adjustment is necessary in patients with renal impairment, hepatic impairment, or for elderly patients. Doses higher than 40 mg/day have not been studied in hepatically-impaired patients. No dosage adjustment is necessary in patients undergoing hemodialysis.

Treatment of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease Associated With a History of Erosive Esophagitis The recommended adult dose is 40 mg pantoprazole given once daily by intravenous infusion for 7 to 10 days. Safety and efficacy of PROTONIX I.V. for Injection as a treatment of patients with GERD and a history of erosive esophagitis for more than 10 days have not been demonstrated (see INDICATIONS AND USAGE).

Fifteen Minute Infusion PROTONIX I.V. for Injection should be reconstituted with 10 mL of 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP, and further diluted (admixed) with 100 mL of 5% Dextrose Injection, USP, 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP, or Lactated Ringer's Injection, USP, to a final concentration of approximately 0.4 mg/mL. The reconstituted solution may be stored for up to 6 hours at room temperature prior to further dilution. The admixed solution may be stored at room temperature and must be used within 24 hours from the time of initial reconstitution. Both the reconstituted solution and the admixed solution do not need to be protected from light.
    PROTONIX I.V. for Injection admixtures should be administered intravenously over a period of approximately 15 minutes at a rate of approximately 7 mL/min.

Two Minute Infusion PROTONIX I.V. for Injection should be reconstituted with 10 mL of 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP, to a final concentration of approximately 4 mg/mL. The reconstituted solution may be stored for up to 24 hours at room temperature prior to intravenous infusion and does not need to be protected from light. PROTONIX I.V. for Injection should be administered intravenously over a period of at least 2 minutes.

Pathological Hypersecretion Associated with Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome The dosage of PROTONIX I.V. for Injection in patients with pathological hypersecretory conditions associated with Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome or other neoplastic conditions varies with individual patients. The recommended adult dosage is 80 mg q12h. The frequency of dosing can be adjusted to individual patient needs based on acid output measurements. In those patients who need a higher dosage, 80 mg q8h is expected to maintain acid output below 10 mEq/h. Daily doses higher than 240 mg or administered for more than 6 days have not been studied. (See Clinical Studies section.) Transition from oral to I.V. and from I.V. to oral formulations of gastric acid inhibitors should be performed in such a manner to ensure continuity of effect of suppression of acid secretion. Patients with Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome may be vulnerable to serious clinical complications of increased acid production even after a short period of loss of effective inhibition.

Fifteen Minute Infusion Each vial of PROTONIX I.V. for Injection should be reconstituted with 10 mL of 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP. The contents of the two vials should be combined and further diluted (admixed) with 80 mL of 5% Dextrose Injection, USP, 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP, or Lactated Ringer's Injection, USP, to a total volume of 100 mL with a final concentration of approximately 0.8 mg/mL. The reconstituted solution may be stored for up to 6 hours at room temperature prior to further dilution. The admixed solution may be stored at room temperature and must be used within 24 hours from the time of initial reconstitution. Both the reconstituted solution and the admixed solution do not need to be protected from light.
    PROTONIX I.V. for Injection should be administered intravenously over a period of approximately 15 minutes at a rate of approximately 7 mL/min.

Two minute Infusion PROTONIX I.V. for Injection should be reconstituted with 10 mL of 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP, per vial to a final concentration of approximately 4 mg/mL. The reconstituted solution may be stored for up to 24 hours at room temperature prior to intravenous infusion and does not need to be protected from light. The total volume from both vials should be administered intravenously over a period of at least 2 minutes.
    【How Supplied】  
    PROTONIX&reg; I.V. (pantoprazole sodium) for Injection is supplied as a freeze-dried powder containing 40 mg of pantoprazole per vial.
    PROTONIX I.V. for Injection is available as follows:
    NDC 0008-0923-51 One carton containing 1 vial of PROTONIX I.V. for Injection (each vial containing 40-mg pantoprazole).

Storage Store PROTONIX I.V. for Injection vials at 20° - 25°C (68° - 77°F); excursions permitted to 15° - 30°C (59° - 86°F). [See USP Controlled Room Temperature.] Protect from light.
    Caution: the reconstituted product should not be frozen.
    U.S. Patent No. 4,758,579
    Marketed by Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Inc.
    Philadelphia, PA 19101
    under license from
    ALTANA Pharma
    D78467 Konstanz, Germany
    W10447C015
    ET01
    Rev 04/07
    【Manufactured by】
    Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, Inc.【企业名称】 Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
    【地址】 Philadelphia, PA 19101

评分

参与人数 1威望 +20 临药币 +20 收起 理由
    clinphar + 20 + 20 感谢发帖

查看全部评分

• TA的每日心情

2022-3-10 23:08
  • yaofohhnn 发表于 2008-4-14 08:45:39 | 显示全部楼层
    【Generic Name】
    Omeprazole Enteric-Coated Capsules
    【Active Ingredients】
    奥美拉唑C《妊娠期用药分类注释》
    【经乳汁分泌】 A single case report suggests that there is minimal excretion of omeprazole into human breast milk [5]. Because of the limited data regarding the potential for serious adverse reactions in nursing infants from omeprazole, and because of the potential for tumorigenicity shown for omeprazole in rat carcinogenicity studies, a decision should be made whether to discontinue nursing or to discontinue the drug, taking into account the importance of the drug to the mother.

【Description】  
    The active ingredient in Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsules is a substituted benzimidazole, 5-methoxy-2-[[(4-methoxy-3,5-dimethyl-2-pyridinyl) methyl] sulfinyl]-1H-benzimidazole, a compound that inhibits gastric acid secretion. Its empirical formula is C17H19N3O3S, with a molecular weight of 345.42. The structural formula is:

Omeprazole is a white to off-white crystalline powder which melts with decomposition at about 155° C. It is a weak base, freely soluble in ethanol and methanol, and slightly soluble in acetone and isopropanol and very slightly soluble in water. The stability of omeprazole is a function of pH; it is rapidly degraded in acid media, but has acceptable stability under alkaline conditions.
    Each delayed-release capsule, for oral administration, contains either 10 mg or 20 mg of omeprazole in the form of enteric-coated microtablets. In addition, each capsule contains the following inactive ingredients: crospovidone, glyceryl behenate, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, methacrylic acid copolymer dispersion, silicon dioxide, talc, titanium dioxide and triethyl citrate. The capsule shells have the following inactive ingredients: gelatin, titanium dioxide, sodium lauryl sulfate, synthetic black iron oxide, shellac glaze, and other inactive ingredients. In addition, the 20 mg capsule shells also contain yellow iron oxide.
    This product meets USP Dissolution Test 2.
    【Clinical Pharmacology】  
    Pharmacokinetics and Metabolism: Omeprazole Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsules contain an enteric-coated microtablet formulation of omeprazole (because omeprazole is acid-labile), so that absorption of omeprazole begins only after the microtablets leave the stomach. Absorption is rapid, with peak plasma levels of omeprazole occurring within 0.5 to 3.5 hours. Peak plasma concentrations of omeprazole and AUC are approximately proportional to doses up to 40 mg, but because of a saturable first-pass effect, a greater than linear response in peak plasma concentration and AUC occurs with doses greater than 40 mg. Absolute bioavailability (compared to intravenous administration) is about 30-40% at doses of 20-40 mg, due in large part to presystemic metabolism. In healthy subjects, the plasma half-life is 0.5 to 1 hour, and the total body clearance is 500-600 mL/min. Protein binding is approximately 95%.
    The bioavailability of omeprazole increases slightly upon repeated administration of Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsules.
    Following single dose oral administration of a buffered solution of omeprazole, little if any unchanged drug was excreted in urine. The majority of the dose (about 77%) was eliminated in urine as at least six metabolites. Two were identified as hydroxyomeprazole and the corresponding carboxylic acid. The remainder of the dose was recoverable in feces. This implies a significant biliary excretion of the metabolites of omeprazole. Three metabolites have been identified in plasma — the sulfide and sulfone derivatives of omeprazole, and hydroxyomeprazole. These metabolites have very little or no antisecretory activity.
    In patients with chronic hepatic disease, the bioavailability increased to approximately 100% compared to an I.V. dose, reflecting decreased first-pass effect, and the plasma half-life of the drug increased to nearly 3 hours compared to the half-life in normals of 0.5-1 hour. Plasma clearance averaged 70 mL/min, compared to a value of 500-600 mL/min in normal subjects.
    In patients with chronic renal impairment, whose creatinine clearance ranged between 10 and
    62 mL/min/1.73 m2, the disposition of omeprazole was very similar to that in healthy volunteers, although there was a slight increase in bioavailability. Because urinary excretion is a primary route of excretion of omeprazole metabolites, their elimination slowed in proportion to the decreased creatinine clearance.
    The elimination rate of omeprazole was somewhat decreased in the elderly, and bioavailability was increased. Omeprazole was 76% bioavailable when a single 40 mg oral dose of omeprazole (buffered solution) was administered to healthy elderly volunteers, versus 58% in young volunteers given the same dose. Nearly 70% of the dose was recovered in urine as metabolites of omeprazole and no unchanged drug was detected. The plasma clearance of omeprazole was 250 mL/min (about half that of young volunteers) and its plasma half-life averaged one hour, about twice that of young healthy volunteers.
    In pharmacokinetic studies of single 20 mg omeprazole doses, an increase in AUC of approximately four-fold was noted in Asian subjects compared to Caucasians.
    Dose adjustment, particularly where maintenance of healing of erosive esophagitis is indicated, for the hepatically impaired and Asian subjects should be considered.
    Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsule 40 mg was bioequivalent when administered with and without applesauce. However, Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsule 20 mg was not bioequivalent when administered with and without applesauce. When administered with applesauce, a mean 25% reduction in Cmax was observed without a significant change in AUC for Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsule 20 mg. The clinical relevance of this finding is unknown.
    The pharmacokinetics of omeprazole have been investigated in pediatric patients of different ages.

Pharmacokinetic Parameters of Omeprazole Following Single and Repeated Oral Administration in Pediatric Populations Compared to Adults * Data from single and repeated dose studies ? Data from a single and repeated dose study Doses of 10, 20 and 40 mg Omeprazole ? plasma concentration adjusted to an oral dose of 1 mg/kg.  
    Single or Children* Children* Adults?
    Repeated < 20 kg > 20 kg (mean 76 kg)
    Oral Dosing 2-5 years 6-16 years 23-29 years
    /Parameter 10 mg 20 mg (n=12)
    Single Dosing
    Cmax? 288 (n=10) 495 (n=49) 668
    (ng/mL)   
    AUC? 511 (n=7) 1140 (n=32) 1220
    (ng?h/mL)   
    Repeated Dosing
    Cmax? 539 (n=4) 851 (n=32) 1458
    (ng/mL)   
    AUC? 1179 (n=2) 2276 (n=23) 3352
    (ng?h/mL)   
    Following comparable mg/kg doses of omeprazole, younger children (2-5 years) have lower AUCs than children 6-16 years or adults; AUCs of the latter two groups did not differ. (See Dosage and Administration - Pediatric Patients.)

Pharmacokinetics: Combination Therapy with Antimicrobials Omeprazole 40 mg daily was given in combination with clarithromycin 500 mg every 8 hours to healthy adult male subjects. The steady state plasma concentrations of omeprazole were increased (Cmax, AUC0-24, and T1/2 increases of 30%, 89% and 34% respectively) by the concomitant administration of clarithromycin. The observed increases in omeprazole plasma concentration were associated with the following pharmacological effects. The mean 24-hour gastric pH value was 5.2 when omeprazole was administered alone and 5.7 when co-administered with clarithromycin.
    The plasma levels of clarithromycin and 14-hydroxy-clarithromycin were increased by the concomitant administration of omeprazole. For clarithromycin, the mean Cmax was 10% greater, the mean Cmin was 27% greater, and the mean AUC0-8 was 15% greater when clarithromycin was administered with omeprazole than when clarithromycin was administered alone. Similar results were seen for 14-hydroxy-clarithromycin, the mean Cmax was 45% greater, the mean Cmin was 57% greater, and the mean AUC0-8 was 45% greater. Clarithromycin concentrations in the gastric tissue and mucus were also increased by concomitant administration of omeprazole.

Clarithromycin Tissue Concentrations 2 hours after Dose* * Mean ± SD (μg/g)  
    Tissue Clarithromycin Clarithromycin + Omeprazole
    Antrum 10.48 ± 2.01 (n = 5) 19.96 ± 4.71 (n = 5)
    Fundus 20.81 ± 7.64 (n = 5) 24.25 ± 6.37 (n = 5)
    Mucus 4.15 ± 7.74 (n = 4) 39.29 ± 32.79 (n = 4)
    For information on clarithromycin pharmacokinetics and microbiology, consult the clarithromycin package insert, CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY section.
    The pharmacokinetics of omeprazole, clarithromycin, and amoxicillin have not been adequately studied when all three drugs are administered concomitantly.
    For information on amoxicillin pharmacokinetics and microbiology, see the amoxicillin package insert, ACTIONS, PHARMACOLOGY and MICROBIOLOGY sections.

Pharmacodynamics
    Mechanism of Action Omeprazole belongs to a new class of antisecretory compounds, the substituted benzimidazoles, that do not exhibit anticholinergic or H2 histamine antagonistic properties, but that suppress gastric acid secretion by specific inhibition of the H+/K+ ATPase enzyme system at the secretory surface of the gastric parietal cell. Because this enzyme system is regarded as the acid (proton) pump within the gastric mucosa, omeprazole has been characterized as a gastric acid-pump inhibitor, in that it blocks the final step of acid production. This effect is dose-related and leads to inhibition of both basal and stimulated acid secretion irrespective of the stimulus. Animal studies indicate that after rapid disappearance from plasma, omeprazole can be found within the gastric mucosa for a day or more.

Antisecretory Activity After oral administration, the onset of the antisecretory effect of omeprazole occurs within one hour, with the maximum effect occurring within two hours. Inhibition of secretion is about 50% of maximum at 24 hours and the duration of inhibition lasts up to 72 hours. The antisecretory effect thus lasts far longer than would be expected from the very short (less than one hour) plasma half-life, apparently due to prolonged binding to the parietal H+/K+ ATPase enzyme. When the drug is discontinued, secretory activity returns gradually, over 3 to 5 days. The inhibitory effect of omeprazole on acid secretion increases with repeated once-daily dosing, reaching a plateau after four days.
    Results from numerous studies of the antisecretory effect of multiple doses of 20 mg and 40 mg of omeprazole in normal volunteers and patients are shown below. The “max” value represents determinations at a time of maximum effect (2-6 hours after dosing), while “min” values are those 24 hours after the last dose of omeprazole.

Range of Mean Values from Multiple Studies of the Mean Antisecretory Effects of Omeprazole After Multiple Daily Dosing * Single Studies  
    Parameter Omeprazole 20 mg Omeprazole 40 mg
    % Decrease in Basal Acid Output  Max 78* Min 58-80 Max 94* Min 80-93
    % Decrease in Peak Acid Output  79* 50-59 88* 62-68
    % Decrease in 24-hr. Intragastric Acidity   80-97   92-94
    Single daily oral doses of omeprazole ranging from a dose of 10 mg to 40 mg have produced 100% inhibition of 24-hour intragastric acidity in some patients.

Enterochromaffin-like (ECL) Cell Effects In 24-month carcinogenicity studies in rats, a dose-related significant increase in gastric carcinoid tumors and ECL cell hyperplasia was observed in both male and female animals (see PRECAUTIONS, Carcinogenesis, Mutagenesis, Impairment of Fertility). Carcinoid tumors have also been observed in rats subjected to fundectomy or long-term treatment with other proton pump inhibitors or high doses of H2-receptor antagonists.
    Human gastric biopsy specimens have been obtained from more than 3000 patients treated with omeprazole in long-term clinical trials. The incidence of ECL cell hyperplasia in these studies increased with time; however, no case of ECL cell carcinoids, dysplasia, or neoplasia has been found in these patients. (See also CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY, Pathological Hypersecretory Conditions.) However, these studies are of insufficient duration and size to rule out the possible influence of long-term administration of omeprazole on the development of any premalignant or malignant conditions.

Serum Gastrin Effects In studies involving more than 200 patients, serum gastrin levels increased during the first 1 to 2 weeks of once-daily administration of therapeutic doses of omeprazole in parallel with inhibition of acid secretion. No further increase in serum gastrin occurred with continued treatment. In comparison with histamine H2-receptor antagonists, the median increases produced by 20 mg doses of omeprazole were higher (1.3 to 3.6 fold vs. 1.1 to 1.8 fold increase). Gastrin values returned to pretreatment levels, usually within 1 to 2 weeks after discontinuation of therapy.

Other Effects Systemic effects of omeprazole in the CNS, cardiovascular and respiratory systems have not been found to date. Omeprazole, given in oral doses of 30 or 40 mg for 2 to 4 weeks, had no effect on thyroid function, carbohydrate metabolism, or circulating levels of parathyroid hormone, cortisol, estradiol, testosterone, prolactin, cholecystokinin or secretin.
    No effect on gastric emptying of the solid and liquid components of a test meal was demonstrated after a single dose of omeprazole 90 mg. In healthy subjects, a single I.V. dose of omeprazole (0.35 mg/kg) had no effect on intrinsic factor secretion. No systematic dose-dependent effect has been observed on basal or stimulated pepsin output in humans.
    However, when intragastric pH is maintained at 4.0 or above, basal pepsin output is low, and pepsin activity is decreased.
    As do other agents that elevate intragastric pH, omeprazole administered for 14 days in healthy subjects produced a significant increase in the intragastric concentrations of viable bacteria. The pattern of the bacterial species was unchanged from that commonly found in saliva. All changes resolved within three days of stopping treatment.
    The course of Barrett’s esophagus in 106 patients was evaluated in a U.S. double-blind controlled study of omeprazole 40 mg b.i.d. for 12 months followed by 20 mg b.i.d. for 12 months or ranitidine 300 mg b.i.d. for 24 months. No clinically significant impact on Barrett’s mucosa by antisecretory therapy was observed. Although neosquamous epithelium developed during anti-secretory therapy, complete elimination of Barrett’s mucosa was not achieved. No significant difference was observed between treatment groups in development of dysplasia in Barrett’s mucosa and no patient developed esophageal carcinoma during treatment. No significant differences between treatment groups were observed in development of ECL cell hyperplasia, corpus atrophic gastritis, corpus intestinal metaplasia, or colon polyps exceeding 3 mm in diameter (see also CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY, Enterochromaffin-like (ECL) Cell Effects ).

Clinical Studies
    Duodenal Ulcer Disease
    Active Duodenal Ulcer

In a multicenter, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of 147 patients with endoscopically documented duodenal ulcer, the percentage of patients healed (per protocol) at 2 and 4 weeks was significantly higher with omeprazole 20 mg once a day than with placebo (p ≤ 0.01).

Treatment of Active Duodenal Ulcer % of Patients Healed * (p ≤ 0.01)  
    Omeprazole 20 mg a.m. Placebo a.m.
    (n=99) (n=48)
    Week 2 *41 13
    Week 4 *75 27
    Complete daytime and nighttime pain relief occurred significantly faster (p ≤ 0.01) in patients treated with omeprazole 20 mg than in patients treated with placebo. At the end of the study, significantly more patients who had received omeprazole had complete relief of daytime pain
    (p ≤ 0.05) and nighttime pain (p ≤ 0.01).
    In a multicenter, double-blind study of 293 patients with endoscopically documented duodenal ulcer, the percentage of patients healed (per protocol) at 4 weeks was significantly higher with omeprazole 20 mg once a day than with ranitidine 150 mg b.i.d. (p <0.01).

Treatment of Active Duodenal Ulcer % of Patients Healed * (p <0.01)  
    Omeprazole 20 mg a.m. Ranitidine 150 mg b.i.d.
    (n=145) (n=148)
    Week 2 42 34
    Week 4 *82 63
    Healing occurred significantly faster in patients treated with omeprazole than in those treated with ranitidine 150 mg b.i.d. (p <0.01).
    In a foreign, multinational, randomized, double-blind study of 105 patients with endoscopically documented duodenal ulcer, 20 mg and 40 mg of omeprazole were compared to 150 mg b.i.d. of ranitidine at 2, 4 and 8 weeks. At 2 and 4 weeks both doses of omeprazole were statistically superior (per protocol) to ranitidine, but 40 mg was not superior to 20 mg of omeprazole, and at 8 weeks there was no significant difference between any of the active drugs.

Treatment of Active Duodenal Ulcer % of Patients Healed * (p ≤ 0.01)  
    Omeprazole Ranitidine
    20 mg 40 mg 150 mg b.i.d.
    (n=34)  (n=36) (n=35)
    Week 2 *83 *83 53
    Week 4 *97 *100 82
    Week 8 100 100 94

H. pylori Eradication in Patients with Duodenal Ulcer Disease
    Triple Therapy (omeprazole/clarithromycin/amoxicillin) Three U.S., randomized, double-blind clinical studies in patients with H. pylori infection and duodenal ulcer disease (n = 558) compared omeprazole plus clarithromycin plus amoxicillin to clarithromycin plus amoxicillin. Two studies (126 and 127) were conducted in patients with an active duodenal ulcer, and the other study (M96-446) was conducted in patients with a history of a duodenal ulcer in the past
    5 years but without an ulcer present at the time of enrollment. The dose regimen in the studies was omeprazole 20 mg b.i.d. plus clarithromycin 500 mg b.i.d. plus amoxicillin 1 g b.i.d. for
    10 days; or clarithromycin 500 mg b.i.d. plus amoxicillin 1 g b.i.d. for 10 days. In studies 126 and 127, patients who took the omeprazole regimen also received an additional 18 days of omeprazole 20 mg q.d. Endpoints studied were eradication of H. pylori and duodenal ulcer healing (studies 126 and 127 only). H. pylori status was determined by CLOtest&reg;, histology and culture in all three studies. For a given patient, H. pylori was considered eradicated if at least two of these tests were negative, and none was positive.
    The combination of omeprazole plus clarithromycin plus amoxicillin was effective in eradicating H. pylori.

Per-Protocol and Intent-to-Treat H. pylori Eradication Rates % of Patients Cured [95% Confidence Interval] * Patients were included in the analysis if they had confirmed duodenal ulcer disease (active ulcer, studies 126 and 127; history of ulcer within 5 years, study M96-446) and H. pylori infection at baseline defined as at least two of three positive endoscopic tests from CLOtest&reg;, histology, and/or culture. Patients were included in the analysis if they completed the study. Additionally, if patients dropped out of the study due to an adverse event related to the study drug, they were included in the analysis as failures of therapy. The impact of eradication on ulcer recurrence has not been assessed in patients with a past history of ulcer. ? Patients were included in the analysis if they had documented H. pylori infection at baseline and had confirmed duodenal ulcer disease. All dropouts were included as failures of therapy. ? (p <0.05) versus clarithromycin plus amoxicillin.  
    Omeprazole +Clarithromycin +Amoxicillin Clarithromycin +Amoxicillin
    Per-Protocol * Intent-to-Treat ? Per-Protocol * Intent-to-Treat ?
    Study 126 ?77 [64, 86] (n=64) ?69 [57, 79] (n = 80) 43 [31, 56] (n = 67) 37 [27, 48] (n = 84)

Study 127 ?78 [67, 88] (n = 65) ?73 [61, 82] (n = 77) 41 [29, 54] (n = 68) 36 [26, 47] (n = 83)

Study M96-446 ?90 [80, 96] (n = 69) ?83 [74, 91] (n = 84) 33 [24, 44] (n = 93) 32 [23, 42] (n = 99)

Dual Therapy (omeprazole/clarithromycin) Four randomized, double-blind, multicenter studies (M93-067, M93-100, M92-812b, and M93-058) evaluated omeprazole 40 mg q.d. plus clarithromycin 500 mg t.i.d. for 14 days, followed by omeprazole 20 mg q.d. (M93-067, M93-100, M93-058) or by omeprazole 40 mg q.d. (M92-812b) for an additional 14 days in patients with active duodenal ulcer associated with H. pylori. Studies M93-067 and M93-100 were conducted in the U.S. and Canada and enrolled 242 and 256 patients, respectively. H. pylori infection and duodenal ulcer were confirmed in 219 patients in Study M93-067 and 228 patients in Study M93-100. These studies compared the combination regimen to omeprazole and clarithromycin monotherapies. Studies M92-812b and M93-058 were conducted in Europe and enrolled 154 and 215 patients, respectively. H. pylori infection and duodenal ulcer were confirmed in 148 patients in study M92-812b and 208 patients in Study M93-058. These studies compared the combination regimen to omeprazole monotherapy. The results for the efficacy analyses for these studies are described below. H. pylori eradication was defined as no positive test (culture or histology) at 4 weeks following the end of treatment, and two negative tests were required to be considered eradicated of H. pylori. In the per-protocol analysis, the following patients were excluded: dropouts, patients with missing H. pylori tests post-treatment, and patients that were not assessed for H. pylori eradication because they were found to have an ulcer at the end of treatment.
    The combination of omeprazole and clarithromycin was effective in eradicating H. pylori.

H. pylori Eradication Rates (Per-Protocol Analysis at 4 to 6 Weeks) % of Patients Cured [95% Confidence Interval] * Statistically significantly higher than clarithromycin monotherapy (p <0.05) ? Statistically significantly higher than omeprazole monotherapy (p <0.05)  
    Omeprazole + Clarithromycin Omeprazole Clarithromycin
    U.S. Studies     

Study M93-067  74 [60, 85]*? 0 [0, 7] 31 [18, 47]
    (n = 53) (n = 54) (n = 42)
    Study M93-100  64 [51, 76]*? 0 [0, 6] 39 [24, 55]
    (n = 61) (n = 59) (n = 44)
    Non U.S. Studies     

Study M92-812b  83 [71, 92]? 1 [0, 7] N/A
    (n = 60) (n = 74)  
    Study M93-058  74 [64, 83]? 1 [0, 6] N/A
    (n = 86) (n = 90)  
    Ulcer healing was not significantly different when clarithromycin was added to omeprazole therapy compared to omeprazole therapy alone.
    The combination of omeprazole and clarithromycin was effective in eradicating H. pylori and reduced duodenal ulcer recurrence.

Duodenal Ulcer Recurrence Rates by H. pylori Eradication Status % of Patients with Ulcer Recurrence * H. pylori eradication status assessed at same timepoint as ulcer recurrence ? Combined results for omeprazole + clarithromycin, omeprazole, and clarithromycin treatment arms ? (p ≤ 0.01) versus proportion with duodenal ulcer recurrence who were not H. pylori eradicated § Combined results for omeprazole + clarithromycin and omeprazole treatment arms  
    H. pylori eradicated* H. pylori not eradicated*
    U.S. Studies ?   
    6 months post-treatment   
    Study M93-067 ?35 60
    (n = 49) (n = 88)
    Study M93-100 ?8 60
    (n = 53) (n = 106)
    Non U.S. Studies §   
    6 months post-treatment   
    Study M92-812b ?5 46
    (n = 43) (n = 78)
    Study M93-058 ?6 43
    (n = 53) (n = 107)
    12 months post-treatment   
    Study M92-812b ?5 68
    (n = 39) (n = 71)

Gastric Ulcer In a U.S., multicenter, double-blind study of omeprazole 40 mg once a day, 20 mg once a day, and placebo in 520 patients with endoscopically diagnosed gastric ulcer, the following results were obtained.

Treatment of Gastric Ulcer % of Patients Healed (All Patients Treated) * (p <0.01) omeprazole 40 mg or 20 mg versus placebo ? (p <0.05) omeprazole 40 mg versus 20 mg  
    Omeprazole 20 mg q.d. Omeprazole 40 mg q.d. Placebo
    (n=202) (n=214) (n=104)
    Week 4 47.5* 55.6* 30.8
    Week 8 74.8* 82.7*? 48.1
    For the stratified groups of patients with ulcer size less than or equal to 1 cm, no difference in healing rates between 40 mg and 20 mg was detected at either 4 or 8 weeks. For patients with ulcer size greater than 1 cm, 40 mg was significantly more effective than 20 mg at 8 weeks.
    In a foreign, multinational, double-blind study of 602 patients with endoscopically diagnosed gastric ulcer, omeprazole 40 mg once a day, 20 mg once a day, and ranitidine 150 mg twice a day were evaluated.

Treatment of Gastric Ulcer % of Patients Healed (All Patients Treated) * (p <0.01) omeprazole 40 mg versus ranitidine ? (p <0.01) omeprazole 40 mg versus 20 mg  
    Omeprazole 20 mg q.d. Omeprazole 40 mg q.d. Ranitidine 150 mg b.i.d.
    (n=200) (n=187) (n=199)
    Week 4 63.5 78.1*? 56.3
    Week 8 81.5 91.4*? 78.4

Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
    Symptomatic GERD A placebo-controlled study was conducted in Scandinavia to compare the efficacy of omeprazole
    20 mg or 10 mg once daily for up to 4 weeks in the treatment of heartburn and other symptoms in GERD patients without erosive esophagitis. Results are shown below.

% Successful Symptomatic Outcome* * Defined as complete resolution of heartburn ? (p <0.005) versus 10 mg ? (p <0.005) versus placebo  
    Omeprazole 20 mg a.m. Omeprazole 10 mg a.m. Placebo a.m.
    All patients 46?,? 31? 13
    (n=205) (n=199) (n=105)
    Patients with 56?,? 36? 14
    confirmed GERD (n=115) (n=109) (n=59)

Erosive Esophagitis In a U.S., multicenter, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of 20 mg or 40 mg of omeprazole in patients with symptoms of GERD and endoscopically diagnosed erosive esophagitis of grade 2 or above, the percentage healing rates (per protocol) were as follows:

* (p <0.01) omeprazole versus placebo  
    20 mg Omeprazole 40 mg Omeprazole Placebo
    Week (n=83) (n=87) (n=43)
    4 39* 45* 7
    8 74* 75* 14
    In this study, the 40 mg dose was not superior to the 20 mg dose of omeprazole in the percentage healing rate. Other controlled clinical trials have also shown that omeprazole is effective in severe GERD. In comparisons with histamine H2-receptor antagonists in patients with erosive esophagitis, grade 2 or above, omeprazole in a dose of 20 mg was significantly more effective than the active controls. Complete daytime and nighttime heartburn relief occurred significantly faster (p <0.01) in patients treated with omeprazole than in those taking placebo or histamine H2-receptor antagonists.
    In this and five other controlled GERD studies, significantly more patients taking 20 mg omeprazole (84%) reported complete relief of GERD symptoms than patients receiving placebo (12%).

Long Term Maintenance Treatment of Erosive Esophagitis In a U.S., double-blind, randomized, multicenter, placebo-controlled study, two dose regimens of omeprazole were studied in patients with endoscopically confirmed healed esophagitis. Results to determine maintenance of healing of erosive esophagitis are shown below.

Life Table Analysis * (p <0.01) omeprazole 20 mg q.d. versus omeprazole 20 mg 3 consecutive days per week or placebo.  
    Omeprazole 20 mg q.d. Omeprazole 20 mg 3 days per week Placebo
    (n=138) (n=137) (n=131)

Percent in endoscopic   
    remission at 6 months *70 34 11
    In an international, multicenter, double-blind study, omeprazole 20 mg daily and 10 mg daily were compared to ranitidine 150 mg twice daily in patients with endoscopically confirmed healed esophagitis. The table below provides the results of this study for maintenance of healing of erosive esophagitis.

Life Table Analysis * (p =0.01) omeprazole 20 mg q.d. versus omeprazole 10 mg q.d. or ranitidine. ? (p =0.03) omeprazole 10 mg q.d. versus ranitidine.  
    Omeprazole 20 mg q.d. Omeprazole 10 mg q.d. Ranitidine 150 mg b.i.d.
    (n=131) (n=133) (n=128)

Percent in endoscopic   
    remission at 12 months *77 ?58 46
    In patients who initially had grades 3 or 4 erosive esophagitis, for maintenance after healing, 20 mg daily of omeprazole was effective, while 10 mg did not demonstrate effectiveness.

Pathological Hypersecretory Conditions In open studies of 136 patients with pathological hypersecretory conditions, such as Zollinger-Ellison (ZE) syndrome with or without multiple endocrine adenomas, omeprazole significantly inhibited gastric acid secretion and controlled associated symptoms of diarrhea, anorexia, and pain. Doses ranging from 20 mg every other day to 360 mg per day maintained basal acid secretion below 10 mEq/hr in patients without prior gastric surgery, and below 5 mEq/hr in patients with prior gastric surgery.
    Initial doses were titrated to the individual patient need, and adjustments were necessary with time in some patients (see DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION). Omeprazole was well tolerated at these high dose levels for prolonged periods (>5 years in some patients). In most ZE patients, serum gastrin levels were not modified by omeprazole. However, in some patients, serum gastrin increased to levels greater than those present prior to initiation of omeprazole therapy. At least 11 patients with ZE syndrome on long-term treatment with omeprazole developed gastric carcinoids. These findings are believed to be a manifestation of the underlying condition, which is known to be associated with such tumors, rather than the result of the administration of omeprazole. (See ADVERSE REACTIONS.)

Microbiology Omeprazole and clarithromycin dual therapy and omeprazole, clarithromycin and amoxicillin triple therapy have been shown to be active against most strains of Helicobacter pylori in vitro and in clinical infections as described in the INDICATIONS AND USAGE section.

Helicobacter
    Helicobacter pylori
    Pretreatment Resistance Clarithromycin pretreatment resistance rates were 3.5% (4/113) in the omeprazole/clarithromycin dual therapy studies (M93-067, M93-100) and 9.3% (41/439) in omeprazole/clarithromycin/amoxicillin triple therapy studies (126, 127, M96-446).
    Amoxicillin pretreatment susceptible isolates (≤ 0.25 μg/mL) were found in 99.3% (436/439) of the patients in the omeprazole/clarithromycin/amoxicillin triple therapy studies (126, 127, M96-446). Amoxicillin pretreatment minimum inhibitory concentrations (MICs) > 0.25 μg/mL occurred in 0.7% (3/439) of the patients, all of whom were in the clarithromycin and amoxicillin study arm. One patient had an unconfirmed pretreatment amoxicillin minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) of > 256 μg/mL by Etest&reg;.

Clarithromycin Susceptibility Test Results and Clinical/Bacteriological Outcomes * Includes only patients with pretreatment clarithromycin susceptibility test results ? Susceptible (S) MIC ≤ 0.25 μg/mL, Intermediate (I) MIC 0.5 - 1.0 μg/mL, Resistant (R) MIC ≥ 2 μg/mL  
    Clarithromycin Susceptibility Test Results and Clinical/Bacteriological Outcomes*
    Clarithromycin Pretreatment Results Clarithromycin Post-treatment Results

H. pylori negative – eradicated H. pylori positive – not eradicated

Post-treatment susceptibility results
       S? I? R? No MIC
    Dual Therapy – (omeprazole 40 mg q.d./clarithromycin 500 mg t.i.d. for 14 days followed by omeprazole 20 mg q.d. for another 14 days) (Studies M93-067, M93-100)
    Susceptible? 108 72 1  26 9
    Intermediate? 1    1  
    Resistant? 4    4  
    Triple Therapy - (omeprazole 20 mg b.i.d./clarithromycin 500 mg b.i.d./amoxicillin 1 g b.i.d. for 10 days - Studies 126, 127, M96-446; followed by omeprazole 20 mg q.d. for another 18 days - Studies 126, 127)
    Susceptible? 171 153 7  3 8
    Intermediate?      
    Resistant? 14 4 1  6 3
    Patients not eradicated of H. pylori following omeprazole/clarithromycin/amoxicillin triple therapy or omeprazole/clarithromycin dual therapy will likely have clarithromycin resistant
    H. pylori isolates. Therefore, clarithromycin susceptibility testing should be done, if possible. Patients with clarithromycin resistant H. pylori should not be treated with any of the following: omeprazole/clarithromycin dual therapy, omeprazole/clarithromycin/amoxicillin triple therapy, or other regimens which include clarithromycin as the sole antimicrobial agent.

Amoxicillin Susceptibility Test Results and Clinical/Bacteriological Outcomes In the triple therapy clinical trials, 84.9% (157/185) of the patients in the omeprazole/clarithromycin/amoxicillin treatment group who had pretreatment amoxicillin susceptible MICs (≤ 0.25 μg/mL) were eradicated of H. pylori and 15.1% (28/185) failed therapy. Of the 28 patients who failed triple therapy, 11 had no post-treatment susceptibility test results and 17 had post-treatment H. pylori isolates with amoxicillin susceptible MICs. Eleven of the patients who failed triple therapy also had post-treatment H. pylori isolates with clarithromycin resistant MICs.

Susceptibility Test for Helicobacter pylori The reference methodology for susceptibility testing of H. pylori is agar dilution MICs1. One to three microliters of an inoculum equivalent to a No. 2 McFarland standard (1 x 107 - 1 x 108 CFU/mL for H. pylori) are inoculated directly onto freshly prepared antimicrobial containing Mueller-Hinton agar plates with 5% aged defibrinated sheep blood (≥ 2 weeks old). The agar dilution plates are incubated at 35°C in a microaerobic environment produced by a gas generating system suitable for campylobacters. After 3 days of incubation, the MICs are recorded as the lowest concentration of antimicrobial agent required to inhibit growth of the organism. The clarithromycin and amoxicillin MIC values should be interpreted according to the following criteria:

* These are tentative breakpoints for the agar dilution methodology and they should not be used to interpret results obtained using alternative methods. ? There were not enough organisms with MICs > 0.25 μg/mL to determine a resistance breakpoint.  
    Clarithromycin MIC (μg/mL)* Interpretation  
    ≤ 0.25 Susceptible (S)
    0.5 Intermediate (I)
    ≥ 1.0 Resistant (R)

Amoxicillin MIC (μg/mL)*,? Interpretation  
    ≤ 0.25 Susceptible (S)
    Standardized susceptibility test procedures require the use of laboratory control microorganisms to control the technical aspects of the laboratory procedures. Standard clarithromycin and amoxicillin powders should provide the following MIC values:

* These are quality control ranges for the agar dilution methodology and they should not be used to control test results obtained using alternative methods.  
    Microorganism Antimicrobial Agent MIC (μg/mL)*
    H. pylori ATCC 43504 Clarithromycin 0.016- 0.12 (μg/mL)
    H. pylori ATCC 43504 Amoxicillin 0.016- 0.12 (μg/mL)

【Indications and Usage】  
    Duodenal Ulcer Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsules are indicated for short-term treatment of active duodenal ulcer. Most patients heal within four weeks. Some patients may require an additional four weeks of therapy.
    Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsules, in combination with clarithromycin and amoxicillin, are indicated for treatment of patients with H. pylori infection and duodenal ulcer disease (active or up to 1-year history) to eradicate H. pylori.
    Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsules, in combination with clarithromycin, are indicated for treatment of patients with H. pylori infection and duodenal ulcer disease to eradicate H. pylori.
    Eradication of H. pylori has been shown to reduce the risk of duodenal ulcer recurrence (see CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY, Clinical Studies and DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION).
    Among patients who fail therapy, omeprazole with clarithromycin is more likely to be associated with the development of clarithromycin resistance as compared with triple therapy. In patients who fail therapy, susceptibility testing should be done. If resistance to clarithromycin is demonstrated or susceptibility testing is not possible, alternative antimicrobial therapy should be instituted. (See Microbiology section, and the clarithromycin package insert, MICROBIOLOGY section.)

Gastric Ulcer Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsules are indicated for short-term treatment (4-8 weeks) of active benign gastric ulcer. (See CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY, Clinical Studies , Gastric Ulcer.)

Treatment of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
    Symptomatic GERD Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsules are indicated for the treatment of heartburn and other symptoms associated with GERD.

Erosive Esophagitis Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsules are indicated for the short-term treatment (4-8 weeks) of erosive esophagitis which has been diagnosed by endoscopy. (See CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY, Clinical Studies .)
    The efficacy of omeprazole used for longer than 8 weeks in these patients has not been established. In the rare instance of a patient not responding to 8 weeks of treatment, it may be helpful to give up to an additional 4 weeks of treatment. If there is recurrence of erosive esophagitis or GERD symptoms (e.g., heartburn), additional 4-8 week courses of omeprazole may be considered.

Maintenance of Healing of Erosive Esophagitis Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsules are indicated to maintain healing of erosive esophagitis. Controlled studies do not extend beyond 12 months.

Pathological Hypersecretory Conditions Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsules are indicated for the long-term treatment of pathological hypersecretory conditions (e.g., Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, multiple endocrine adenomas and systemic mastocytosis).
    【Contraindications】  
    Omeprazole Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsules are contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to any component of the formulation.

Clarithromycin Clarithromycin is contraindicated in patients with a known hypersensitivity to any macrolide antibiotic.
    Concomitant administration of clarithromycin with cisapride, pimozide, or terfenadine is contraindicated. There have been post-marketing reports of drug interactions when clarithromycin and/or erythromycin are co-administered with cisapride, pimozide, or terfenadine resulting in cardiac arrhythmias (QT prolongation, ventricular tachycardia, ventricular fibrillation, and torsades de pointes) most likely due to inhibition of hepatic metabolism of these drugs by erythromycin and clarithromycin. Fatalities have been reported. (Please refer to full prescribing information for clarithromycin before prescribing.)

Amoxicillin Amoxicillin is contraindicated in patients with a history of allergic reaction to any of the penicillins. (Please refer to full prescribing information for amoxicillin before prescribing.)
    【Warnings】  
    Clarithromycin CLARITHROMYCIN SHOULD NOT BE USED IN PREGNANT WOMEN EXCEPT IN CLINICAL CIRCUMSTANCES WHERE NO ALTERNATIVE THERAPY IS APPROPRIATE. IF PREGNANCY OCCURS WHILE TAKING CLARITHROMYCIN, THE PATIENT SHOULD BE APPRISED OF THE POTENTIAL HAZARD TO THE FETUS. (See WARNINGS in prescribing information for clarithromycin.)

Amoxicillin SERIOUS AND OCCASIONALLY FATAL HYPERSENSITIVITY (anaphylactic) REACTIONS HAVE BEEN REPORTED IN PATIENTS ON PENICILLIN THERAPY. THESE REACTIONS ARE MORE LIKELY TO OCCUR IN INDIVIDUALS WITH A HISTORY OF PENICILLIN HYPERSENSITIVITY AND/OR A HISTORY OF SENSITIVITY TO MULTIPLE ALLERGENS. BEFORE INITIATING THERAPY WITH AMOXICILLIN, CAREFUL INQUIRY SHOULD BE MADE CONCERNING PREVIOUS HYPERSENSITIVITY REACTIONS TO PENICILLINS, CEPHALOSPORINS OR OTHER ALLERGENS. IF AN ALLERGIC REACTION OCCURS, AMOXICILLIN SHOULD BE DISCONTINUED AND APPROPRIATE THERAPY INSTITUTED. SERIOUS ANAPHYLACTIC REACTIONS REQUIRE IMMEDIATE EMERGENCY TREATMENT WITH EPINEPHRINE. OXYGEN, INTRAVENOUS STEROIDS AND AIRWAY MANAGEMENT, INCLUDING INTUBATION, SHOULD ALSO BE ADMINISTERED AS INDICATED. (See WARNINGS in prescribing information for amoxicillin.)

Antimicrobials Pseudomembranous colitis has been reported with nearly all antibacterial agents and may range in severity from mild to life-threatening. Therefore, it is important to consider this diagnosis in patients who present with diarrhea subsequent to the administration of antibacterial agents. (See WARNINGS in prescribing information for clarithromycin and amoxicillin.)
    Treatment with antibacterial agents alters the normal flora of the colon and may permit overgrowth of clostridia. Studies indicate that a toxin produced by Clostridium difficile is a primary cause of “antibiotic-associated colitis.”
    After the diagnosis of pseudomembranous colitis has been established, therapeutic measures should be initiated. Mild cases of pseudomembranous colitis usually respond to discontinuation of the drug alone. In moderate to severe cases, consideration should be given to management with fluids and electrolytes, protein supplementation, and treatment with an antibacterial drug clinically effective against Clostridium difficile colitis.
    【Precautions】  
    General Symptomatic response to therapy with omeprazole does not preclude the presence of gastric malignancy.
    Atrophic gastritis has been noted occasionally in gastric corpus biopsies from patients treated long-term with omeprazole.

Information for Patients Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsules should be taken before eating. Patients should be cautioned that the Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsule should not be opened, chewed or crushed, and should be swallowed whole.
    For patients who have difficulty swallowing capsules, the contents of an Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsule can be added to applesauce. One tablespoon of applesauce should be added to an empty bowl and the capsule should be opened. All of the microtablets inside the capsule should be carefully emptied on the applesauce. The microtablets should be mixed with the applesauce and then swallowed immediately with a glass of cool water to ensure complete swallowing of the microtablets. The applesauce used should not be hot and should be soft enough to be swallowed without chewing. The microtablets should not be chewed or crushed. The microtablets/applesauce mixture should not be stored for future use.

Drug Interactions
    Other Omeprazole can prolong the elimination of diazepam, warfarin and phenytoin, drugs that are metabolized by oxidation in the liver. There have been reports of increased INR and prothrombin time in patients receiving proton pump inhibitors, including omeprazole, and warfarin concomitantly. Increases in INR and prothrombin time may lead to abnormal bleeding and even death. Patients treated with proton pump inhibitors and warfarin may need to be monitored for increases in INR and prothrombin time. Although in normal subjects no interaction with theophylline or propranolol was found, there have been clinical reports of interaction with other drugs metabolized via the cytochrome P-450 system (e.g., cyclosporine, disulfiram, benzodiazepines). Patients should be monitored to determine if it is necessary to adjust the dosage of these drugs when taken concomitantly with omeprazole.
    Because of its profound and long lasting inhibition of gastric acid secretion, it is theoretically possible that omeprazole may interfere with absorption of drugs where gastric pH is an important determinant of their bioavailability (e.g., ketoconazole, ampicillin esters, and iron salts). In the clinical trials, antacids were used concomitantly with the administration of omeprazole.
    Concomitant administration of omeprazole has been reported to reduce the plasma levels of atazanavir, thus appropriate clinical monitoring is recommended.
    Concomitant administration of omeprazole and tacrolimus may increase the serum levels of tacrolimus.

Combination Therapy with Clarithromycin Co-administration of omeprazole and clarithromycin have resulted in increases in plasma levels of omeprazole, clarithromycin, and 14-hydroxy-clarithromycin. (See also CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY, Pharmacokinetics: Combination Therapy with Antimicrobials .)
    Concomitant administration of clarithromycin with cisapride, pimozide, or terfenadine is contraindicated.
    There have been reports of an interaction between erythromycin and astemizole resulting in QT prolongation and torsades de pointes. Concomitant administration of erythromycin and astemizole is contraindicated. Because clarithromycin is also metabolized by cytochrome P-450, concomitant administration of clarithromycin with astemizole is not recommended. (See also CONTRAINDICATIONS, Clarithromycin, above. Please refer to full prescribing information for clarithromycin before prescribing.)

Carcinogenesis, Mutagenesis, Impairment of Fertility In two 24-month carcinogenicity studies in rats, omeprazole at daily doses of 1.7, 3.4, 13.8, 44.0 and 140.8 mg/kg/day (about 0.7 to 57 times a human dose of 20 mg/day, as expressed on a body surface area basis) produced gastric ECL cell carcinoids in a dose-related manner in both male and female rats; the incidence of this effect was markedly higher in female rats, which had higher blood levels of omeprazole. Gastric carcinoids seldom occur in the untreated rat. In addition, ECL cell hyperplasia was present in all treated groups of both sexes. In one of these studies, female rats were treated with 13.8 mg omeprazole/kg/day (about 6 times a human dose of 20 mg/day, based on body surface area) for one year, then followed for an additional year without the drug. No carcinoids were seen in these rats. An increased incidence of treatment-related ECL cell hyperplasia was observed at the end of one year (94% treated vs 10% controls). By the second year the difference between treated and control rats was much smaller (46% vs 26%) but still showed more hyperplasia in the treated group. Gastric adenocarcinoma was seen in one rat (2%). No similar tumor was seen in male or female rats treated for two years. For this strain of rat no similar tumor has been noted historically, but a finding involving only one tumor is difficult to interpret. In a 52-week toxicity study in Sprague-Dawley rats, brain astrocytomas were found in a small number of males that received omeprazole at dose levels of 0.4, 2, and
    16 mg/kg/day (about 0.2 to 6.5 times the human dose on a body surface area basis). No astrocytomas were observed in female rats in this study. In a 2-year carcinogenicity study in Sprague-Dawley rats, no astrocytomas were found in males or females at the high dose of
    140.8 mg/kg/day (about 57 times the human dose on a body surface area basis). A 78-week mouse carcinogenicity study of omeprazole did not show increased tumor occurrence, but the study was not conclusive. A 26-week p53 (+/-) transgenic mouse carcinogenicity study was not positive.
    Omeprazole was positive for clastogenic effects in an in vitro human lymphocyte chromosomal aberration assay, in one of two in vivo mouse micronucleus tests, and in an in vivo bone marrow cell chromosomal aberration assay. Omeprazole was negative in the in vitro Ames test, an in vitro mouse lymphoma cell forward mutation assay, and an in vivo rat liver DNA damage assay.
    Omeprazole at oral doses up to 138 mg/kg/day in rats (about 56 times the human dose on a body surface area basis) was found to have no effect on fertility and reproductive performance.

Pregnancy
    Omeprazole
    Pregnancy Category C There are no adequate and well-controlled studies on the use of omeprazole in pregnant women. The vast majority of reported experience with omeprazole during human pregnancy is first trimester exposure and the duration of use is rarely specified, e.g., intermittent vs. chronic. An expert review of published data on experiences with omeprazole use during pregnancy by
    TERIS – the Teratogen Information System – concluded that therapeutic doses during pregnancy are unlikely to pose a substantial teratogenic risk (the quantity and quality of data were assessed as fair).2
    Three epidemiological studies compared the frequency of congenital abnormalities among infants born to women who used omeprazole during pregnancy to the frequency of abnormalities among infants of women exposed to H2-receptor antagonists or other controls. A population-based prospective cohort epidemiological study from the Swedish Medical Birth Registry, covering approximately 99% of pregnancies, reported on 955 infants (824 exposed during the first trimester with 39 of these exposed beyond first trimester, and 131 exposed after the first trimester) whose mothers used omeprazole during pregnancy.3 In utero exposure to omeprazole was not associated with increased risk of any malformation (odds ratio 0.82, 95% CI 0.50-1.34), low birth weight or low Apgar score. The number of infants born with ventricular septal defects and the number of stillborn infants was slightly higher in the omeprazole exposed infants than the expected number in the normal population. The author concluded that both effects may be random.
    A retrospective cohort study reported on 689 pregnant women exposed to either H2-blockers or omeprazole in the first trimester (134 exposed to omeprazole).4 The overall malformation rate was 4.4% (95% CI 3.6-5.3) and the malformation rate for first trimester exposure to omeprazole was 3.6% (95% CI 1.5-8.1). The relative risk of malformations associated with first trimester exposure to omeprazole compared with nonexposed women was 0.9 (95% CI 0.3-2.2). The study could effectively rule out a relative risk greater than 2.5 for all malformations. Rates of preterm delivery or growth retardation did not differ between the groups.
    A controlled prospective observational study followed 113 women exposed to omeprazole during pregnancy (89% first trimester exposures).5 The reported rates of major congenital malformations was 4% for the omeprazole group, 2% for controls exposed to nonteratogens, and 2.8% in disease-paired controls (background incidence of major malformations 1-5%). Rates of spontaneous and elective abortions, preterm deliveries gestational age at delivery, and mean birth weight did not differ between the groups. The sample size in this study has 80% power to detect a 5-fold increase in the rate of major malformation.
    Several studies have reported no apparent adverse short term effects on the infant when single dose oral or intravenous omeprazole was administered to over 200 pregnant women as premedication for cesarean section under general anesthesia.
    Teratology studies conducted in pregnant rats at doses up to 138 mg/kg/day (about 56 times the human dose on a body surface area basis) and in pregnant rabbits at doses up to 69.1 mg/kg/day (about 56 times the human dose on a body surface area basis) did not disclose any evidence for a teratogenic potential of omeprazole.
    In rabbits, omeprazole in a dose range of 6.9 to 69.1 mg/kg/day (about 5.6 to 56 times the human dose on a body surface area basis) produced dose-related increases in embryo-lethality, fetal resorptions and pregnancy disruptions. In rats, dose-related embryo/fetal toxicity and postnatal developmental toxicity were observed in offspring resulting from parents treated with omeprazole at 13.8 to 138.0 mg/kg/day (about 5.6 to 56 times the human dose on a body surface area basis). There are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women.
    Because animal studies and studies in humans cannot rule out the possibility of harm, omeprazole should be used during pregnancy only if the potential benefit to the pregnant woman justifies the potential risk to the fetus.

Clarithromycin
    Pregnancy Category C See WARNINGS (above) and full prescribing information for clarithromycin before using in pregnant women.

Nursing Mothers Omeprazole concentrations have been measured in breast milk of a woman following oral administration of 20 mg. The peak concentration of omeprazole in breast milk was less than 7% of the peak serum concentration. This concentration would correspond to 0.004 mg of omeprazole in 200 mL of milk. Because omeprazole is excreted in human milk, because of the potential for serious adverse reactions in nursing infants from omeprazole, and because of the potential for tumorigenicity shown for omeprazole in rat carcinogenicity studies, a decision should be made whether to discontinue nursing or to discontinue the drug, taking into account the importance of the drug to the mother.

Pediatric Use The safety and effectiveness of omeprazole have been established in the age group 2 years to 16 years for the treatment of acid-related gastrointestinal diseases, including the treatment of symptomatic GERD, treatment of erosive esophagitis, and the maintenance of healing of erosive esophagitis. The safety and effectiveness of omeprazole have not been established for pediatric patients less than 2 years of age. Use of omeprazole in the age group 2 years to 16 years is supported by evidence from adequate and well-controlled studies of omeprazole in adults with additional clinical, pharmacokinetic, and safety studies performed in pediatric patients (see CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY, Pharmacokinetics and Metabolism: Omeprazole ).

Treatment of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
    Symptomatic GERD In an uncontrolled, open-label study of patients aged 2 years to 16 years with a history of symptoms suggestive of nonerosive GERD, 113 patients were assigned to receive a single daily dose of omeprazole (10 mg or 20 mg, based on body weight) either as an intact capsule or as an open capsule in applesauce. Results showed success rates of 60% (10 mg omeprazole) and 59% (20 mg omeprazole) in reducing the number and intensity of either pain-related symptoms or vomiting/regurgitation episodes.

Erosive Esophagitis In an uncontrolled, open-label dose-titration study, healing of erosive esophagitis in pediatric patients aged 1 to 16 years required doses that ranged from 0.7 to 3.5 mg/kg/day (80 mg/day). Doses were initiated at 0.7 mg/kg/day. Doses were increased in increments of 0.7 mg/kg/day (if intraesophageal pH showed a pH of < 4 for less than 6% of a 24-hour study). After titration, patients remained on treatment for 3 months. Forty-four percent of the patients were healed on a dose of 0.7 mg/kg body weight; most of the remaining patients were healed with 1.4 mg/kg after an additional 3 months’ treatment. Erosive esophagitis was healed in 51 of 57 (90%) children who completed the first course of treatment in the healing phase of the study. In addition, after 3 months of treatment, 33% of the children had no overall symptoms, 57% had mild reflux symptoms, and 40% had less frequent regurgitation/vomiting.

Maintenance of Healing of Erosive Esophagitis In an uncontrolled, open-label study of maintenance of healing of erosive esophagitis in 46 pediatric patients, 54% of patients required half the healing dose. The remaining patients increased the healing dose (0.7 to a maximum of 2.8 mg/kg/day) either for the entire maintenance period, or returned to half the dose before completion. Of the 46 patients who entered the maintenance phase, 19 (41%) had no relapse. In addition, maintenance therapy in erosive esophagitis patients resulted in 63% of patients having no overall symptoms.

Safety The safety of omeprazole has been assessed in 310 pediatric patients aged 0 to 16 years and 62 physiologically normal volunteers aged 2 years to 16 years. Of the 310 pediatric patients with acid-related disease, a group of 46 who had documented healing of erosive esophagitis after 3 months of treatment continued on maintenance therapy for up to 749 days.
    Omeprazole administered to pediatric patients was generally well tolerated with an adverse event profile resembling that in adults. Unique to the pediatric population, however, adverse events of the respiratory system were most frequently reported in both the 0 to 2 year and 2 to 16 year age groups (46.2% and 18.5%, respectively). Similarly, otitis media was frequently reported in the 0 to 2 year age group (22.6%), and accidental injuries were reported frequently in the 2 to 16 year age group (3.8%).

Geriatric Use Omeprazole was administered to over 2000 elderly individuals (≥ 65 years of age) in clinical trials in the US and Europe. There were no differences in safety and effectiveness between the elderly and younger subjects. Other reported clinical experience has not identified differences in response between the elderly and younger subjects, but greater sensitivity of some older individuals cannot be ruled out.
    Pharmacokinetic studies have shown the elimination rate was somewhat decreased in the elderly and bioavailability was increased. The plasma clearance of omeprazole was 250 mL/min (about half that of young volunteers) and its plasma half-life averaged one hour, about twice that of young healthy volunteers. However, no dosage adjustment is necessary in the elderly. (See CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY.)
    【Adverse Reactions】  
    Omeprazole was generally well tolerated during domestic and international clinical trials in 3096 patients.
    In the U.S. clinical trial population of 465 patients (including duodenal ulcer, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome and resistant ulcer patients), the following adverse experiences were reported to occur in 1% or more of patients on therapy with omeprazole. Numbers in parentheses indicate percentages of the adverse experiences considered by investigators as possibly, probably or definitely related to the drug:

Omeprazole  Placebo  Ranitidine
    (n=465)  (n=64)  (n=195)
    Headache 6.9 (2.4)  6.3   7.7 (2.6)
    Diarrhea 3.0 (1.9)  3.1 (1.6)  2.1 (0.5)
    Abdominal Pain 2.4 (0.4)  3.1   2.1  
    Nausea 2.2 (0.9)  3.1   4.1 (0.5)
    URI 1.9   1.6   2.6  
    Dizziness 1.5 (0.6)  0.0   2.6 (1.0)
    Vomiting 1.5 (0.4)  4.7   1.5 (0.5)
    Rash 1.5 (1.1)  0.0   0.0  
    Constipation 1.1 (0.9)  0.0   0.0  
    Cough 1.1   0.0   1.5  
    Asthenia 1.1 (0.2)  1.6 (1.6)  1.5 (1.0)
    Back Pain 1.1   0.0   0.5  
    The following adverse reactions which occurred in 1% or more of omeprazole-treated patients have been reported in international double-blind, and open-label, clinical trials in which 2,631 patients and subjects received omeprazole.

Incidence of Adverse Experiences ≥ 1% Causal Relationship not Assessed  Omeprazole  Placebo
    (n=2631)  (n=120)
    Body as a Whole,site     
    unspecified     
    Abdominal Pain 5.2  3.3
    Asthenia 1.3  0.8
    Digestive System   
    Constipation 1.5  0.8
    Diarrhea 3.7  2.5
    Flatulence 2.7  5.8
    Nausea 4.0  6.7
    Vomiting 3.2  10.0
    Acid regurgitation 1.9  3.3
    Nervous System/Psychiatric   
    Headache 2.9  2.5
    Additional adverse experiences occurring in < 1% of patients or subjects in domestic and/or international trials, or occurring since the drug was marketed, are shown below within each body system. In many instances, the relationship to omeprazole was unclear.
    Body As a Whole: Allergic reactions, including, rarely, anaphylaxis (see also Skin below), fever, pain, fatigue, malaise, abdominal swelling
    Cardiovascular: Chest pain or angina, tachycardia, bradycardia, palpitation, elevated blood pressure, peripheral edema
    Gastrointestinal: Pancreatitis (some fatal), anorexia, irritable colon, flatulence, fecal discoloration, esophageal candidiasis, mucosal atrophy of the tongue, dry mouth, stomatitis. During treatment with omeprazole, gastric fundic gland polyps have been noted rarely. These polyps are benign and appear to be reversible when treatment is discontinued.
    Gastro-duodenal carcinoids have been reported in patients with ZE syndrome on long-term treatment with omeprazole. This finding is believed to be a manifestation of the underlying condition, which is known to be associated with such tumors.
    Hepatic: Mild and, rarely, marked elevations of liver function tests [ALT (SGPT), AST (SGOT), γ-glutamyl transpeptidase, alkaline phosphatase, and bilirubin (jaundice)]. In rare instances, overt liver disease has occurred, including hepatocellular, cholestatic, or mixed hepatitis, liver necrosis (some fatal), hepatic failure (some fatal), and hepatic encephalopathy.
    Metabolic/Nutritional: Hyponatremia, hypoglycemia, weight gain
    Musculoskeletal: Muscle cramps, myalgia, muscle weakness, joint pain, leg pain
    Nervous System/Psychiatric: Psychic disturbances including depression, agitation, aggression, hallucinations, confusion, insomnia, nervousness, tremors, apathy, somnolence, anxiety, dream abnormalities; vertigo; paresthesia; hemifacial dysesthesia
    Respiratory: Epistaxis, pharyngeal pain
    Skin: Rash and, rarely, cases of severe generalized skin reactions including toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN; some fatal), Stevens-Johnson syndrome, and erythema multiforme (some severe); purpura and/or petechiae (some with rechallenge); skin inflammation, urticaria, angioedema, pruritus, photosensitivity, alopecia, dry skin, hyperhidrosis
    Special Senses: Tinnitus, taste perversion
    Ocular: Blurred vision, ocular irritation, dry eye syndrome, optic atrophy, anterior ischemic optic neuropathy, optic neuritis, double vision
    Urogenital: Interstitial nephritis (some with positive rechallenge), urinary tract infection, microscopic pyuria, urinary frequency, elevated serum creatinine, proteinuria, hematuria, glycosuria, testicular pain, gynecomastia
    Hematologic: Rare instances of pancytopenia, agranulocytosis (some fatal), thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, leukopenia, anemia, leucocytosis, and hemolytic anemia have been reported.
    The incidence of clinical adverse experiences in patients greater than 65 years of age was similar to that in patients 65 years of age or less.

Combination Therapy for H. pylori Eradication In clinical trials using either dual therapy with omeprazole and clarithromycin, or triple therapy with omeprazole, clarithromycin, and amoxicillin, no adverse experiences peculiar to these drug combinations have been observed. Adverse experiences that have occurred have been limited to those that have been previously reported with omeprazole, clarithromycin, or amoxicillin.

Triple Therapy (omeprazole/clarithromycin/amoxicillin) The most frequent adverse experiences observed in clinical trials using combination therapy with omeprazole, clarithromycin, and amoxicillin (n = 274) were diarrhea (14%), taste perversion (10%), and headache (7%). None of these occurred at a higher frequency than that reported by patients taking the antimicrobial drugs alone.
    For more information on clarithromycin or amoxicillin, refer to the respective package inserts, ADVERSE REACTIONS sections.

Dual Therapy (omeprazole/clarithromycin) Adverse experiences observed in controlled clinical trials using combination therapy with omeprazole and clarithromycin (n = 346) which differed from those previously described for omeprazole alone were: Taste perversion (15%), tongue discoloration (2%), rhinitis (2%), pharyngitis (1%) and flu syndrome (1%).
    For more information on clarithromycin, refer to the clarithromycin package insert, ADVERSE REACTIONS section.

OVERDOSAGE Reports have been received of overdosage with omeprazole in humans. Doses ranged up to
    2400 mg (120 times the usual recommended clinical dose). Manifestations were variable, but included confusion, drowsiness, blurred vision, tachycardia, nausea, vomiting, diaphoresis, flushing, headache, dry mouth, and other adverse reactions similar to those seen in normal clinical experience. (See ADVERSE REACTIONS.) Symptoms were transient, and no serious clinical outcome has been reported when omeprazole was taken alone. No specific antidote for omeprazole overdosage is known. Omeprazole is extensively protein bound and is, therefore, not readily dialyzable. In the event of overdosage, treatment should be symptomatic and supportive.
    As with the management of any overdose, the possibility of multiple drug ingestion should be considered. For current information on treatment of any drug overdose, a certified Regional Poison Control Center should be contacted. Telephone numbers are listed in the Physicians’ Desk Reference (PDR) or local telephone book.
    Single oral doses of omeprazole at 1350, 1339, and 1200 mg/kg were lethal to mice, rats, and dogs, respectively. Animals given these doses showed sedation, ptosis, tremors, convulsions, and decreased activity, body temperature, and respiratory rate and increased depth of respiration.
    【Dosage and Administration】  
    Short-Term Treatment of Active Duodenal Ulcer The recommended adult oral dose of Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsules is 20 mg once daily. Most patients heal within four weeks. Some patients may require an additional four weeks of therapy. (See INDICATIONS AND USAGE.)

H. pylori Eradication for the Reduction of the Risk of Duodenal Ulcer Recurrence
    Triple Therapy (omeprazole/clarithromycin/amoxicillin) The recommended adult oral regimen is omeprazole 20 mg plus clarithromycin 500 mg plus amoxicillin 1000 mg each given twice daily for 10 days. In patients with an ulcer present at the time of initiation of therapy, an additional 18 days of omeprazole 20 mg once daily is recommended for ulcer healing and symptom relief.

Dual Therapy (omeprazole/clarithromycin) The recommended adult oral regimen is omeprazole 40 mg once daily plus clarithromycin 500 mg t.i.d. for 14 days. In patients with an ulcer present at the time of initiation of therapy, an additional 14 days of omeprazole 20 mg once daily is recommended for ulcer healing and symptom relief.
    Please refer to clarithromycin full prescribing information for CONTRAINDICATIONS and WARNINGS, and for information regarding dosing in elderly and renally impaired patients (PRECAUTIONS: General, PRECAUTIONS: Geriatric Use and PRECAUTIONS: Drug Interactions).
    Please refer to amoxicillin full prescribing information for CONTRAINDICATIONS and WARNINGS.

Gastric Ulcer The recommended adult oral dose is 40 mg once a day for 4-8 weeks. (See CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY, Clinical Studies , Gastric Ulcer, and INDICATIONS AND USAGE, Gastric Ulcer .)

Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) The recommended adult oral dose for the treatment of patients with symptomatic GERD and no esophageal lesions is 20 mg daily for up to 4 weeks. The recommended adult oral dose for the treatment of patients with erosive esophagitis and accompanying symptoms due to GERD is
    20 mg daily for 4 to 8 weeks. (See INDICATIONS AND USAGE.)

Maintenance of Healing of Erosive Esophagitis The recommended adult oral dose is 20 mg daily. (See CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY, Clinical Studies .)

Pathological Hypersecretory Conditions The dosage of omeprazole in patients with pathological hypersecretory conditions varies with the individual patient. The recommended adult oral starting dose is 60 mg once a day. Doses should be adjusted to individual patient needs and should continue for as long as clinically indicated. Doses up to 120 mg t.i.d. have been administered. Daily dosages of greater than 80 mg should be administered in divided doses. Some patients with Zollinger-Ellison syndrome have been treated continuously with omeprazole for more than 5 years.

Pediatric Patients For the treatment of GERD or other acid-related disorders, the recommended dose for pediatric patients 2 years of age and older is as follows:

Patient Weight Omeprazole Dose
    < 20 kg 10 mg
    ≥ 20 kg 20 mg
    On a per kg basis, the doses of omeprazole required to heal erosive esophagitis are greater than those for adults.
    For pediatric patients unable to swallow an intact capsule, see Alternative Administration Options subsection below.

Alternative Administration Options For patients who have difficulty swallowing capsules, the contents of an Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsule can be added to applesauce. One tablespoon of applesauce should be added to an empty bowl and the capsule should be opened. All of the microtablets inside the capsule should be carefully emptied on the applesauce. The microtablets should be mixed with the applesauce and then swallowed immediately with a glass of cool water to ensure complete swallowing of the microtablets. The applesauce used should not be hot and should be soft enough to be swallowed without chewing. The microtablets should not be chewed or crushed. The microtablets/applesauce mixture should not be stored for future use.
    No dosage adjustment is necessary for patients with renal impairment or for the elderly.
    Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsules should be taken before eating. In the clinical trials, antacids were used concomitantly with omeprazole.
    Patients should be cautioned that the Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsule should not be opened, chewed or crushed, and should be swallowed whole.
    【How Supplied】  
    Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsules 10 mg are opaque white cap and opaque white body capsules imprinted with “KU” and “114” in black ink. They are supplied as follows:
    Bottles of 30 NDC 62175-114-32
    Bottles of 100 NDC 62175-114-37
    Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsules 20 mg are opaque white cap and opaque gold body capsules imprinted with “KU” and “118” in black ink. They are supplied as follows:
    Bottles of 30 NDC 62175-118-32
    Bottles of 100 NDC 62175-118-37
    Storage Store Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsules in a tight container protected from light and moisture. Store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F) (See USP Controlled Room Temperature).
    Dispense in a tight and light-resistant container as described in USP.

REFERENCES 1. National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards. Methods for Dilution Antimicrobial Susceptibility Tests for Bacteria That Grow Aerobically––Fifth Edition. Approved Standard NCCLS Document M7-A5, Vol. 20, No. 2, NCCLS, Wayne, PA, January 2000.
    2. Friedman JM and Polifka JE. Teratogenic Effects of Drugs. A Resource for Clinicians (TERIS). Baltimore, MD: The Johns Hopkins University Press;2000:516.
    3. Kallen BAJ. Use of omeprazole during pregnancy – no hazard demonstrated in 955 infants exposed during pregnancy. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2001;96(1):63-8.
    4. Ruidómez A, Rodriguez LUG, Cattaruzzi C, et al. Use of cimetidine, omeprazole, and ranitidine in pregnant women and pregnancy outcomes. Am J Epidemiol 1999;150:476-81.
    5. Lalkin A, Loebstein R, Addis A, et al. The safety of omeprazole during pregnancy: a multicenter prospective controlled study. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1998;179:727-30.

Distributed by: Kremers Urban, LLC Mequon, WI 53092, USA
  • TA的每日心情

•  楼主| 大象 发表于 2008-4-14 19:14:24 | 显示全部楼层
    很全面 谢谢回复
  • TA的每日心情

2019-10-30 19:33
  • 百草园 发表于 2008-5-4 00:32:48 | 显示全部楼层

回复 5# 的帖子

zhaodao 找英文说明书,很不容易吧?
    匿名  发表于 2017-4-6 12:41:34
    Filed under: Just Released WMNSTags: Nike Koth Ultra Mid
    sneakers nike air max 1 http://sushirock.com/sushi.asp?alt=sneakers-nike-air-max-1
    匿名  发表于 2017-4-12 02:31:14
    The future is still looking bright if youre an ASICS retro runner fan as we get a look at four upcoming releases of two of the brands most popular silhouettes.
    superstar 2 shoes http://tampabaypetsitters.com/tampa.asp?alt=superstar-2-shoes
    您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

1、禁止发布任何可能侵犯版权的内容,否则将承担由此产生的全部侵权后果。
    2、请认真发帖,禁止回复纯表情,纯数字等无意义的内容!
    3、提倡文明上网,净化网络环境!抵制低俗不良违法有害信息。

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表